Best Angle To Watch Slalom From?

ozski

• Baller
The whole time I'm watching the US open slalom I'm hoping they are going to show us the view from the boat but no we got a few teases on the gate pullout and then back to the shore view. They could have given us the replay from the boat, I can't be the only one who wonders about this right? The view form the boat is the best one after all... You don't lose the skier in the spray, you can see the technical stuff and get a feel for how early or late the skier is, its just better.

• Baller
For me, if you are onsite, the best view is around the gate area, recently at the worlds, I watched some fantastic skiing, but one thing stood out, apart from one skier, none of them appeared to be getting super wide on their setup, even at 41off they were no further up than the boat platform, most were a good 15ft back from the platform and still running the pass, pretty smooth, the only skier getting up with the engine cover was Andy Mapple, he was early and wide, but skiing very aggressively, I am not sure, that many skiers can be that aggressive and remain in control, must be only a handful, that can do that.

• Baller

The first rule of film editing is get rid of shots that don't work - no matter how much time and money you spent to get them. The nice thing about water skiing is it's easy to record. Just put a camera in the boat and you're Laszlo Kovacs!

I get bummed when they jump to different camera angles during a pass - especially a critical pass.