Sking the morning of my daughter's wedding?

LZywicki1

• Baller
Congratulations on the wedding. If your wife and daughter don't have something you are supposed to be doing and you will be on time for everything you should definitely ski. Frankly it is probably best that you are out of the way.

• Baller

I thought you were signed up for another 30 years... Does this meet the mrs. approval?

If it was the day before the wedding I would say yes, but just hours before? Maybe unlikely, but suppose there is an accident (maybe an crushing otf). Who's going to walk your daughter down the aisle? It would certainly be a day to remember - they would never let you forget! If it was a good idea, you probably wouldn't be seeking approval here among your fellow addicts!

(yeah, I would go. what could possibly go wrong? :) )

• Baller
I'm with @Skijay, the little girl that you have nurtured all of her life, is going to celebrate the biggest day of her life, your wife is going to be super stressed out, you don't know it yet, but you will be super upset at the end of the day, and you want to step out onto the water and risk some sort of injury that may ruin the day. Think About It.

• Baller
That's a tough one. I skied the morning of my wedding so normally I would have said yes....but now that I have a daughter I'd probably have to agree with @Skijay however my first instinctive answer was go ski....

• Baller
OF COURSE YOU SKI! I skied the morning of my own wedding. Same situation weather wasn't the best but cloudy cool weather skiing is better than no skiing. Plus no better way to start off a marrige, was relaxed and happy knowing I got to ski and took my mind of the nerves. Plus does she ski? She would want you to be happy too! Congrats to you and your daughter!

• Baller

If for any reason (injury, boat breaks down, etc.) your set causes you to miss the opportunity to walk your daughter down the isle, or even just muck things up a bit for your daughter on her big day (you are running late or something) you will regret it for the rest of your life.

Skiing is awesome. Family is even more awesome.

Regardless of what you do, congrats on the big day!

• Baller
I skied the morning of my own wedding, though only slalom (would've loved a jump set as well). I even had our wedding filmographers there to document it as officially part of our wedding day. Just ski smart and don't hold onto something you know you shouldn't, and you'll be fine.

• Baller

Comment from one of the women....

I wanted to ski the morning of my wedding, but it was October and the boat had to be pulled for winter before my wedding day. My heart says yeah, go ski! But my brain says no, there is always something where help is needed in the morning. 2 hours is a pretty small window on a wedding day. Also, you will be pretty tired just starting the day, with the rehearsal dinner the night before, last minute prep, all the emotion... You will need all the rest you can get. Congrats to you and your daughter.

• Baller
Ohhh... I just had a flashback. About 30 years ago I was a groomsman at the wedding of my friend who introduced me to the sport. I left shortly after the reception started because I had to get out of that hot tux and to the river to ski... and it wasn't even for a tournament. Good thing I wasn't the best man! This was a few years before I got married. I think I'm going to advise my daughter that January is the best month to get married, yeah, that's it, January. :D

If you can fit it into your 2 hour window then I say you absolutely go ski. It should only take about 10 minutes to put your tux on. (Unless you're getting your hair or nails done) Do you ski on a pond? Even if your boat breaks down you can use one of those $1,200 ski paddles to get shore and get out of there. If your buddy is offering up a ski and flee, you'll be in and out.

• Baller

Whatever you decide @onamission‌, I would say you should brace yourself. I was knocked for a serious loop at my first daughter's wedding. I was totally unprepared for the emotional punch in the gut that accompanied the realization that I was handing the care and responsibility for my baby over to some young stud, and that she clearly loved this other man. You'll likely see her looking at him with the kind of love in her eyes you've only ever seen directed at you. It's absolutely beautiful and right, but it was also crushing at the same time, and it took awhile to adjust to the sense of loss that followed.

Skiing is awesome, but your first daughter's wedding runs way deeper, so you really want to be present and to savour it. Congratulations!

• Baller
As much as I love skiing, I love my daughter more. I would make her wedding day 100% about her, and would not ever consider skiing the day of her wedding (unless, of course, she decided to have her wedding/reception at our lake... in which case I would wait to ski until she got her set in)

• Baller
Not being there all day for her big day sends the message that this day is not worth your undevided attention and that she may not be that important to you. It will mean a lot to here and your wife if you can just put in 100% towards the wedding experience. It's only 1 day. You can always ski another day but there will never be another day like this wedding day.

• Baller
I got in a set in the morning I got hitched along with my best man and best friend who was and usher. Wife declined to drive, didn't want to mess up the hair. I also barefooted the next day at the day after informal party. I'd check with your wife about skiing on daughters wedding day, ask, but if there is any hesitation you'd be best advised to take that as a NO. Congrats on the daughter.

• Baller

iornog6gjo43.jpg

Well it looks like mother nature made my decision, it's 36 with rain/snow. (So glad that I winterized last week). The family enjoyed all of your comments and say thanks for all of your good wishes.

@SkiJay‌ Started to hit me at the rehearsal last night.

Larry -----<|