Ski season is ending. What now?

Porkfight

My wife and I generally start thinking about other things when it cools off. Fall means the dirt bikes come out of the garage and GP's, enduros, and trips to the dunes start populating our calendar. Literally all of the people I ski with transition to dirt bikes this time of year, but none of us are tournament level skiers either.

Do you don a dry suit and keep slaying buoys or do you shift gears and do something else during the off season?

• Baller

The other ski season. Don some spandex and tear it up. Should be starting in a couple weeks. That and snowmobiling - that'll be more than a couple weeks away.

http://oldjeep.com/images/2012Nastar/my_pic5.jpg

http://oldjeep.com/images/2012Nastar/DSCN2086.JPG

http://oldjeep.com/images/Nastar%20Midwest/51759410-untitled-2051.jpg

• Baller

Snowmobiling....... take a look at the general steepness at 0:28 seconds......... Sled is a 270 hp turbo 4-stroke. It will do that same climb in 3 feet of powder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJlRWqKjQ9U

Snow skiing this year with my kids (3 and 5 years old!)

Some vintage snowmobile restorations.

Teach music and make enough money to keep the boat full of gas next summer.........

• Baller
Usually just watch football, go hunting, drink beer, and eventually shoveling snow. Around late Feburary early March start trying riding my bike, weather depending. Hope to be in enough shape to get back on the ski early May. Atleast for now, that routine will probably change as I get older.

• Baller

I hit the gym much harder than during the season. Of course, I didn't really have a season this year, so I will put on a suit and try to ride my ski every week or so...for as long as I can stand it, and have someone else crazy enough to do it with me...

• Baller
I am going to try and shut most stuff down for a month and have all the aches and pains go away. Usually we try to work some skiing in around my son's hockey but he just broke his leg and will be off it for close to 3 months so there won't be much skiing. If I can get my shoulder healthy I will play some hockey.

• Baller
I'm in GA so not really any snow but I actually end up doing a lot more in the winter months but I don't enjoy it anywhere near as much as skiing. Loads of mountain biking, backpacking/camping, some snowboarding, some rock climbing, most evenings spent warming up in the hot tub. Used to do sailing before the sailboat got trashed in a storm last year.

• Baller

@skinut‌ I ride close to home in Washington (Cascades). Usually a trip or two to Revelstoke/Sicamus, BC. Maybe an every other year trip to McCall, ID. When winter is good, we have some great riding from our area. How about you?

That video above was in McCall, ID. Area we call "Impossible Bowl" and "Teacher's Pet". I am a teacher and was the first track we have seen summit another climb in that area.

I head to the snow hills in MI! Some are actually open this weekend, might go for the sake of saying I went. I don't race like oldjeep though. Would rather be on the water though. Lake is also a good time if we have good ice. With the way this winter is starting I would say we will have good ice. They have 1/4 mile oval track dirt bike races and 1/4 mile drags as well. Bar plows a 9 hole golf course for an event too!