How much do you pay a year for your ski site

ToddF

• Baller_

$2250 for one site with private, purpose-built slalom lake, boat, and gas included. Ski any time.

$175 for other site with private, purpose-built slalom lakes. BYOB. Ski any time.

Both clubs/sites have about 20 members. Both sites have jumps, but I do not require them.

I wish I could have voted for both categories.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

We ski on public water but everyone kicks in somewhere between $50-150 depending on what is needed for supplies for the two courses we maintain. We generally get pretty good conditions and I feel very luck for the site we have but there is no restriction on boat traffic. One of the courses is in a cove so we generally get good conditions.

It is a BYOB setup pretty much everyone that skis there has their own boat. Usually two or three of us will join up and come out together so we rotate hours through the boats.

• Baller
Roughly $2500/yr HOA dues for a private tournament lake with only 5 owners. We do all the sweat equity, maintenance, etc to keep the costs down. The $2500 does not include boat costs. Each owner has their own boat (we all already owned boats before we built the lake).

Roughly 1500€ here in France. (1880$)

It is mainly a club activity here so this includes:

Annual Membership Fee (roughly 500€)

2-slalomed lake

Small club facilities, tiny tiny beach, longchair, sofas, small restaurant / foodtruck (additionnal meal is roughly 15$), shower, lockerroom, bar...

Depending on the season 5-7 hours of real ski time, sold by the hour (roughly 150€ / hour)

Approximately...50-60 members / regular skiers? (ball park figure)

Typicaly one hour will give you 5 sets of 6 passes.

So that total is for one season of 45 passes approximately, with gas, membership, insurance, boat depreciation, eventual coaching from the local instructor (coach guest stars are to be added of course whenever they show up at the lake), and for whoever doesn't have it's own: Gear (skis, jacket, wetsuits...)

So basically it comes down to 1500/45 = 33€ / set (40$ more or less).

Obviously the more you ski, the less each given set costs, with an imaginary low limit of 36$ if you skied all day long, all season long.

• Baller

HOA dues 1200 per year

Club Boat fee 500 per household per year

Buck a pass = approx 1200 - 1500 per season for us

One lake

Approx 16 skiers - of those only 5 diehards

Possibly raising club boat dues in near future to keep up with rising costs

So for us approx 3K per season

• Members

We ski cheap!

Our site works great- like @MS said we have a few awesome drivers (@Mrs_MS and @PJ). We get classic training tips from @ MS (come on you gotta start your gate turn in like 30minutes earlier!!). Kick ass shorelines, nothing bounces back. Almost always a driver on site and rarely have to wait more than a set or two for your turn. @thager shows up regularly and once a year @wish comes in for a week. I'd happily pay 3x

• Baller
There are some great deals out there on sites with club boats. I paid 32.5 for my boat in 2002 I don't calculate what insutance and gas cost me plus the initial boat investment. 2 or 3K for a private site plus a ZO boat seems like a good deal.

• Baller

England UK our water costs £11,300 ($17,741) per year for a small circular quarry lake just big enough for the slalom course. Club fee's just cover water rent and a small amount towards annual club cost such as new buoys. They are broken down as follows family £625 ($981) single £410 ($644) child £140 ($220) Minimal facilities just lake, slipway, slalom course, jetties, toilets and barbecue area. Members need their own boat. Most people join as family memberships and sometimes a friend on a single who ski's off their boat. Water is totally underutilized it is very rare to see another boat. Most regard the lake as their own private lake as it is so rare to see anyone. The only regular skiers are 5 committee members. Some members never ski at all. Friends of members can be signed in to the club by a member for six times maximum a year for a fee of £10 ($16) each visit per guest. This small additional guest money is used to improve club facilities. Club is open 365 days a year dawn to dusk, subletting for any reason is strictly prohibited in the water lease which limits club revenue generation so 99% of the rent comes from membership dues.

Nigel Smith

Club secretary