Apple users I need a little more info to make BallOfSpray work better

Horton

• Administrators
Please answer the poll below and then what I really need is your OSX version, hardware (iMac, iPad, iPhone, iWhatever) plus what browser & browser version.

• Baller

I use my iPhone 5 for pretty much everything (safari as my browser). Here and there I've had issues logging in after an iOS update but you guys usually have a fix before I can complain. Running iOS 8.1.1 right now with no issues.

The most common issue I get on my iPhone is if "back" out of a thread to the main forum page it will look like I logged out. Refresh or "forward" shows I'm still logged in. Also if I hit the "home" from a thread I get no issues. Pretty minor but I have it occur often enough that it stays in my mind.

• Baller

Chrome, Mavericks (10.9.5), no issues.

[off topic: @Wayne's post reminded me I had a problem a few months back on my Android Nexus 4 using Chrome where when I backed out of a thread to the main forum page it would revert to a months-old cache of it. I'd have to reload the page to see the latest threads. But it seemed to fix itself a while ago]

• Baller

On the iPhone 5 (iOS 8.1.1) I have to log in every time I visit the site. I also have the issue of (appear) to be logged out if I hit the back button. Clicking on "Home" again logs back in so I don't think its really logged out. That said if I close or move off of safari I will need to log back in again. On the iPhone it remembers my login and password (only for this site) so logging in again isn't that big of a deal.

On the iPad Mini using Safari and iOS 8.1,2 I cannot log in at all. The log in and password is not recognized.

• Baller
On my initial visit to http://www.ballofspray.com/forum the site seems to pick up my cookie and recognize me. If I read a thread, then click the back button I get an outdated thread list and the sidebar of the site indicates that I'm not signed in. If I refresh the page, it seems to pick up my cookie again, show me the latest threads, and recognize me as a user. This is with Chrome on the past 3 versions of OSX. This does not happen on my home Mac which is nearly identical to this one so that further complicates things. I've cleared cache/cookies in the past but the problem persists. Is there a way to have the forums page load the threads in a non-Ajax manner, doing it all server-side? If that's an option it might make the experience more consistent.

on the whole its pretty stable. only ever encountered 1 (several occasions) issue, "password incorrect" however its stored in keychain. I go through to change password, try to access and still says incorrect. even so far as copy and paste ruling out user issue.

its strange its happened 6-7 times..... OS Mavericks - although its not happened on Yosemite.

• Baller
@Horton‌ If I ever have to re-sign in, I have to go to Safari preferences> privacy> always allow cookies. then sign in. Then I go back to Safari preferences> privacy> always block cookies, so I don't get a bunch of unwanted cookies. Not sure what causes me to have to re-sign in occasionally but I rarely need to lately. Was bad a while back on my iPhone, iPad and Mac. not so much now.

• Baller
I am use an iPad and a MacBook Air. On the iPad I am running 7.1.2 right now and use Safari with no problem. On my Mac I use Chrome. I am away from my Mac but I will check when I connect from my Mac. I seem to remember Safari issues on the Mac but haven't checked it in a while.

• Baller

And this today

Error loading module Lost connection to MySQL server during query SQL=SELECT m.id, m.title, m.module, m.position, m.content, m.showtitle, m.params, mm.menuid FROM jos_modules AS m LEFT JOIN jos_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id LEFT JOIN jos_extensions AS e ON e.element = m.module AND e.client_id = m.client_id WHERE m.published = 1 AND e.enabled = 1 AND (m.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_up <= '2014-12-07 06:05:28') AND (m.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_down >= '2014-12-07 06:05:28') AND m.access IN (1,1) AND m.client_id = 0 AND (mm.menuid = 256 OR mm.menuid <= 0) ORDER BY m.position, m.ordering

Error loading component: com_contact, 1

• Baller
No issues on my iPad Air. My iPhone 4s 50% of the time when I go back from a discussion page to the main forum I'm not signed in. If I hit refresh it corrects itself. MacBook I can't sign in using safari, don't know what version though. I just don't use the MacBook.