Fantastic Advice If You NEVER Want To Improve!

Brady

• Baller
So, after reading the post about bad coaching, I thought it would be fun to start a thread about ski advice that one should never follow under any circumstances. So, here is a chance to offer up that advice--my guess is that some of the posts will be surprising to those who actually have followed some bad advice.

• Baller

Here is some ANTI-advice I will offer:

1. Continue to pull after the second wake to the next ball.

2. Spend as much time on the dock learning how to stay stacked.

3. It's all about how big of spray you make.

4. If you want to get across the wake fast, make a huge and deep turn at the ball.

5. Do NOT look downcourse while you are skiing.

6. If you are at 28 off or less, always adjust your equipment for the skiing conditions.

• Baller

Along with this silly video in regards to boat driving:

1. Adjust the mirror so you can keep an eye on your skier.

2. On the turn-around, keep the throttle up so your skier can experience rollers.

3. Swerve with the skier as you go down the course.

4. Aim for the right boat guides.

5. Make sure you sit in my drivers seat with a wet-ass swimsuit!!!

6. Oh, and make sure you are slow on correcting mistakes, or your boat may turn off and you will in trouble!!! (see video!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkXBIKSrJw4

• Baller

Turn so hard that you ski away from the boat.

(this is my personal favorite) Ski your opening pass on a large disk made of wood

When going in on your gate, try to hit the right AND the left gate buoys

In order to turn the ski at 32 off you have to have all of your ski in the water (1.5 inches of tip out of the water)

Because Nate Smith skis with a toe piece EVERYONE should ski with a toe piece

When releasing your outside hand from the handle, dont let your inside elbow leave your vest (your elbow should be touching your vest while turning)

If you read my earlier post, this is all from that same guy. There is more I just cant think of right now.

• Baller

Loosen your fin bolts. Fin will automatically move to optimum position before each turn and it will give you at least 2 buoys!

Also using measuring devices is an industry conspiracy and a costly one; you can use your hand palms to correctly measure and adjust your fin.

• Baller

Hey, I resemble that remark...back in the day we hung our broken handles on the wall as "trophys". Always carried spare rope/handles in my trunk to replace my ski buddies stuff after I broke it. It works up to a point...to do this properly kill the buoy, then close off your shoulders to the boat and keep 'em that way. Direct your line of vision as far back across course as possible in order to achieve unsustainable angle and hold on tight. Make sure the spotter has a catchers mitt.

Release with your left hand going around one ball, your right around two and so on. I've actually seen this from a wally using a public water course!

• Baller

Really tighten down those laces on the binding, keep pulling until just before you're sure the laces are going to snap. The tighter the binding, the easier is is to transfer your raw skiing power to the water.

Disclaimer to random internet person: do not freaking try this, your ankle is weak and water is strong.