Anyone use DropCam to watch the lake when they are not there?

Horton

• Baller_
Holy Crap that is cool. Dang...vandalized/destroyed slalom course to the tune of hundreds and hundreds of dollars and countless hours to retrieving, repairing and reinstalling. I do not want to add up what lost ski time was worth but I am sure it is less then $200. Hmmmmm...

• Baller

I bought one a couple years ago to use as a baby monitor, then was going to use it as a nanny cam. It's still in the box and I want to set it up so I can do exactly what you say @Horton‌. Stare at the lake and my boat while at work.

They are super easy to set up, I'm just lazy. Now where did I put that thing?

• Baller

I have been using a Watchbot IP camera to watch our lake for a couple of years now, works really well especially as I live over 50 miles from the lake and can check water conditions before I travel.

At quiet times I can set up an alarm that sends me email pictures of any movement.

• Administrators
if anyone has been checking my dropcam and seeing nothing for a week there will actually be dogs and people and boats moving today. not saying it will be interesting but there will be movement

• Baller
@horton do you have the infrared turned on? The night picture has a dominant reflection from a glass window. I found mine and set it up tonight (aimed through our basement walkout sliding glass door). I checked your feed and saw the same thing on mine, a reflection of the camera is all I could see. So I shut off the night vision setting and that helped quite a bit. If you have lights on your dock you should still have a good night time view.

• Baller
@jbwann‌ It wouldn't be a live feed, but there are trail cameras set off by motion that will text a picture to your phone. That being said, you would run into the issue of getting a picture sent to you of every pass the boat makes if the camera is pointed at the lake.

• Administrators
I sort of felt bad that I wasn't going skiing today until I clicked on the live link from the lake househttps://www.dropcam.com/p/2gH7jP