My lake...

ral

• Baller

Maybe some of you noticed that I have not been posting for some time now (well, probably none did...).

The reason was that, because of a severe drought (worst one in more than 150 years), the well that was feeding my lake almost dried out completely and we have not been able to ski in it since March 2014. So, instead of posting and skiing, I was seeking a solution.

Well, now there is light at the end of the tunnel. I just closed a long term lease for water rights from a nearby irrigation channel, that should provide around 25-30 l/s, more than enough for us to operate.

We can only start using them around Aug 2015, but it is now almost certain that we will be able to operate normally from September and for the foreseeable future.

• Baller

@skijay, well my lake is in Chile, so I am not sure if anything I did is applicable to the USA or other places.

However, there is one angle we are using that should apply everywhere. Waterski lakes that use irrigation channels and have seepage are actually infiltrating/storing water in the underground water table. That can even give what we call here temporary water rights, as well as increase the water table for the surrounding community. So, a lake might be positioned as a "local infiltration facility" for water that would go somewhere else if the lake wasn't there.

• Baller
Sounds great @ral‌ !! I noticed you weren't posting. I'm glad it's a water issue and not an injury or something. I'm actually not far from you currently (at least not as far as usual)! Just finished the U17 Champs here in Peru.

• Baller
@richarddoane‌ @ral‌ lake is in Chile about 2 hours out if Santiago. Bujama Lacus Is in Peru (2+ hours out of Lima) and is where the U17 Worlds took place this last weekend. Both places are spectacular and worthy of a Big Dawg event. In fact Bujama Lacus had a Big Dawg stop a couple years ago.