Radar's Lithium Blue Vapor VS Green Vapor!

markchilcutt

• Baller_

No, I have plenty of room but I just look stupid doing it. Remember this from your big dawg announcing. I am lined up getting ready to run 38 and you are at the mic.

Watch this folks, he will pull out for the gate, ski over to 1, point the handle down, hook up and get slack and make it around 2 ball only to fall.

So what did I do? Skied around 1, got slack and made it to 2 ball and fell.

That was a ton of confidence installed into me.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Have you tried maintaining additional handle tension & control by pushing it slightly forward from edge change to apex? Or tried not looking down at the ball? Or perhaps golf

• Baller

So after talking to @Horton on Friday, I went back on the green ski to the fin numbers from his original Green review. The big change in feel came when I moved the rear binding back. When I'd moved from the RTP to the rear Animal I put the plates at the exact same spot. Well, it turns out that put my ankle to ankle distance almost 1/2" difference between the two rear binding setups. I've been getting a delay hooking up on my on side no matter what fin setting. Once I got clued into my binding spread potentially being off, along with Horton's setup, the ski felt the best it ever has and my 3rd round score was the best since last summer.

6.885 L

2.475 D

.765 DFT

29 15/16 front binding

8 degrees

• Baller
One thing that helped me was to focus on back arm pressure(right arm 1,3,5 left arm 2,4,6) on my edge change. I have a bad habit of my back arm getting pulled towards the boat and killing my outward travel of the ski making me narrow and the ski not able to roll up on its edge. As a result it wouldn't finish the turn on my onside.

• Baller

I ski a 67 Green Vapor and went back to the following with really nice results. I was having trouble getting great angle through the gates, and finishing my offside turn without biting a bit. Ski really responded at the following...somewhere in between Shane and MS but darn close...getting used to the setting this morning ran a few of the cleanest and earliest 32's in recent memory

29 15/16 Front Binding

9 wing

• Baller

I'm 6'2" 180lb on a blue 67" 34mph only skiing 15 some 22off and taking shots 28off. I've been on the course 3 sets this year and my water time has been limited for last 2 seasons due to injuries and surgery.

I have to say I love this ski. I have more confidence in my skiing than I've had in a while, even with not skiing much. I had a few passes that I got way behind on and just stayed patient and pulled them out. I have no problem turning it so fell like I could have used a 68. It turns aggressively but predictably. When I was on the Strada it seem to randomly overturn. Hopefully 28off will go down this year.