Radar Strada boot outer shell question

Fine409

• Baller

Just wondering if anybody else has this issue with their Radar Strada boots? The front support pieces on mine have been bending over which makes it difficult to get the liner in. Also sometimes I'll get the liner installed but when I put my foot in the boot the rubber from the shell will still be bent in and rubbing against my foot.

Wanted to see if anyone has come up with a solution for something like this?

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn189/dtm8119/IMG_20150529_185026_zpsc7fv4zxe.jpg

Heat it up with a hairdryer and push some socks in to keep it open while it cools.

After skiing, pull the tuition liner out to dry in such a way that it keeps the bent tabs open.

The new Blue Vapor Boots does the same

• Baller
agree with Chef23. I have been on the same RS1 boots for 5 years and they are still in very good condition. I always take my feet out of the liners after the set. I also always remove the liners to dry and dont leave my ski/boots in the sun. Be careful when putting the liner back in

• Baller
For those guys ( @Chef23 , @Jody_Seal , and anyone else) not taking the liners out after a set... how do you get your liners to dry? For the first year that I had Strada boots, I did like you and left the liners in as I was worried about damage. But I found that they took forever to dry that way and started to smell really bad. Eventually that overrode any concerns I had about putting them in and taking them out!

I agree with @pgmoore. Take them out to avoid the funk!

I have a carabiner on the handle of my bag. Boots stay on my feet when I take my ski off, then straight to the clip.

Just make sure the flaps are up when putting the liners back in. Minor inconvenience.

• Baller
@pgamoore I have a several year old boot and I don't think it is too funky smelling. I leave it in a shed and leave the bag open. During the season I ski 4-5 times a week so they don't always dry out.

• Baller_

@skihard I guess we aint skiing enough if our equipment dry's out! LOL!!

@JJVDMZN , thanks for the heads up. waiting for Radar's illustrious leader to call me back he has been over seas and has jet lag I am sure!!

• Baller
UGH I have the same problem! I've heard a few people that just cut a section of the plastic off, but I dont want to risk it. I wish there was some way around this. After my set I release the bungee,but the liner just stays on my feet when I pull them out. Then, I have them to dry.

• Baller
My solution is to take the booty out after use, then I put it part way in...so that the toe is pushing the plastic tabs to the side....leaves lots of air circulation for the booty to dry, then goes back in next time without having a problem with the plastic tabs.

• Baller
I had an old Strada boot that did this really badly. I tried to heat and straighten, but it didn't last. Eventually, I tried a piece of gorilla tape rolled onto itself and tucked between the tab and the inside surface of the outer shell. This stuck the tab to the shell and kept it out of the way. Eventually, the tape wore out and was replaced. I also thought about possibly using some 3m Interlock to attach the tab to the outer shell's inside surface. Never did it, because I upgraded to newer boots. Still, I think some form of velcro method of attaching the lower tabs to the inside surface of the shell would really work well.

• Baller
Oh, and the funk seems to come from the shells more than from the liners with my bindings. Early on, I did not take precautions to dry liners/shells out. The shells would get a serious funk. Now, I try to dry out the shells before packing away the ski, or I leave the bag open enough for them to air out.

• Baller
Yes the liners are made and recommended to remove every time. The plastic tab is no big deal. Put the liner in then take your finger down the side and pop the tab out. My stuff goes on a rack in the garage and I have a fan that blows on them over night. Never had a problem with any odor!

• Baller
i have double strada bindings. when not skiing my ski lives close to the cabin ceiling on two horizonal brackets -tunnel side up so the bindings are inverted. gravity pulls any water in the shells or liner to the cuff of the liner where it quickly evaporates. for me the liners only come out in a fall and then they go right back in.