Zero Off / 3 Round Tournament Question

jbwann

• Baller

I have heard that some skiers might choose a different Zero Off Setting on different boats. I typically go with B2 on our Nautique 200. In a 3 round tournament, we usually see the Nautique, a Malibu, and a Mastercraft. Anyone have any thoughts on this?? Change settings for each boat?? Thx guys

• Baller
Depends on the engine. I skied behind one of the Malibu Open boats and had to change settings bc the engine was so much more powerful than I was used to. Same thing when I skied with Tom and June Asher. They had a 6.2 (I believe) Malibu. If it's a 5.7, I'll use the same setting as I do on my home boat, a 5.7 200

• Baller_
I switched yesterday between round 1 and round 2. Went from C2+ to C2. First time behind the 2015 MC. I can't say for sure that it was the difference between the MC and our usual 2015 TXi, as I had massive first tournament jitters that made my round 1 passes look like a train wreck. Will retry C2+ on the MC later in the summer when the jitters lessen a little.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_

I started at -28 C1 with a 6L 200 and it felt good. I Switched to B1 at -32 and it felt out of sync so I went back to C1 for -35 and 38.

This was after I wasted a round at B1 and never felt the boat was with me.

• Baller

@Than_Bogan Picking you up too soon off the ball? Too late? Having a hard time getting free of the boat off the second wake? Feeling you're throttled too hard through the edge change? Just gotta go with what you feel and use the following chart as your basis for change:

9cmbku80d9m6.png