Show us your tug

Horton

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome looking boat! Don't you have your own private site now? I would say put the boat on the lift and forget about the trailer color and go skiing. When you store it for the winter put some bikes around the trailer so the green won't bother you. Seriously though great looking boat.

• Baller

@crashman - thanks! You'll have to come for a visit for sure - looking more like next year though with the weather! Yup - private site now, so I don't have to worry what the neighbors think!

@Texas6 - that is a super nice boat my friend. That metal flake is awesome!! Can you get us another pic on the water or in the sunlight?

@rockdog - Thanks! I like the look of a black trailer too, we'll see what happens this winter. Lots of projects lined up! From what I understand this is one of three boats with this color scheme. One is owned by Nautique - with a blown up engine. Not sure where the other one is. This is a 2001 boat that was sold new in 2003. As with a lot of the 2000 -2001 vintage SN's, the hour meter is not precise as they were kinda flakey. PP says 245 hours, but I believe it has more like 320 or so hours. It was not used a lot in the last few summers. I was told by the previous owner that Nate Smith used to ski behind (while in high school) it when he went to visit family at the lake where this was kept. I haven't verified that though - not sure I'll be able to unless Nate chimes in. More pics will follow when I can get some time.

@6balls - sure is, unless I get a metal flake and paint it to make it flash. Black with metal flake is nice too. Lots of options!

• Baller

Thx guys; very much appreciated. I know metal flake isn't for everybody, but I've always liked it; stuff sure shines in the water with the sun on it. I'll get one on the water soon but took this one on the lift this morn after my first set behind her. Really love the ease of use of the screen and ZO; MC did their homework5cmxymnn92rr.jpg

• Baller
@Skoot1123 does that boat have a supercharged 5.4 liter engine from a 2003ish Ford F-150 Lightning? My coworker has a Nautique with that color scheme and the engine I just mentioned. He used to work for Ford and did development work on the Ford modular engines and that boat with the supercharged 5.4 for use in ski fly. He told me there were only a couple built and he has one. I believe the one at the masters was either his or the one at Nautique. The truck it was behind was also the previously mentioned F-150 Lifhtning. If you want more information on the boats PM me your contact information and I can get you in touch with him.

• Baller

@inland Thank you! Its funny, This was not my 1st choice in color however, my 6yr old son absolutely thinks this is the best color on a boat so I had to go with it. Glad I did because it has really grown on me. The Yellow has a little WOW factor that I did not expect.

• Baller
@bananaron Yes, it's one of the 18'9" Hurricanes that they built. It's a '95. I think they maybe built 20-30 of that model. They had some other v-bottoms too like the 20' Typhoon and the open bow 20' Gale. A lot of them were used by barefooters but I've never barefooted or pulled a barefooter with it so I can't say what it's like. I usually slalom 30-31 mph @ 15 or 22 off and the wake is like it's hardly even there. If you're ever in the neighborhood give me a shout.