Swivl-Motion tracking camera docking station

dstone124

• Baller

In light of my current need for a new camera mount and after completing the survey @Horton has put together, I stumbled across another million dollar idea I had that someone else has produced first-

Not sure about the rest of you guys, but my slack at one ball, -35 and -38 off play havoc on my pylon camera mount and using the rope to track the skier.

Maybe this has been discussed before, but I thought it has good potential for everyday skiing and tournament use.

$180.00 unless I'm reading the interwebs wrong.

• Baller
This unit may not work but it's a step in the right direction. I don't see why the having the base on a moving boat would stop it from tracking? Maybe the transmitter could be in a waterproof case and mounted to the rope, 30 feet from the pylon.

• Baller
@Bill22 -the issue with soloshot 2 and maybe with this thing is that the transmitter ("tag") location is picked up by satellite and its gps data is forwarded to the base unit. but if the base unit does not have a fixed gps location the algorithm for determining the tag location cannot work. the base unit has to be able to ' see ' the tag location and if the system relies on gps to do that then the base unit must be immobile.