Boat Bottom Cleaner

Fatroll

• Baller

haven't read the tread but we use oxalic acid blend it to an gel so it don't fall off the hull it almost do the work for u by it self only very light rubbing is needed with an scotchbrite USE gogles here is an link but we use to blend it to an gel and our boat is like total black of organic life on the hull like aliens that attach theres babies on the Nautique

Hey I got the stuff. Steve's product really works. I just sprayed my hull, waited a few minutes and hosed off. I had to use a soft cloth in a few spots. If I had a pressure sprayer, it would have worked without any rubbing. I'll post my before/after pics in a few moments hopefully - i'm having iCloud issues and can't find my pics anymore!!!!!!

• Baller
Well, I just got done taking my boat out for the season, and did a quick spray and rinse with HC-1. All I can say is WOW, it works better than advertised. We have kind of silty water, which leaves a brown bathtub ring at waterline and stains the hull below waterline, even when we put the boat up nightly. Typically I am scrubbing the bottom of the boat at the end of the season, on my back under the trailer, with Starbright or similar. With HC-1, all I did was spray it on and rinsed it off, and my white hull looks new again. Great time saving product.

• Baller
Just took my boat out and sprayed it down at the ramp and it did a good job on taking the bulk off. I need to do some touch up and wipe the sides down but it seems to work as well as oxalic acid and it doesn't seem nearly as toxic.

• Baller
Finished cleaning up the hull today and I am very happy with the HC-1 cleaner. I used about a gallon in cleaning the hull and it was great. I think it works at least as well as the oxalic acid and was much easier on everything. I ordered the gallon jug and the gel did help it stick to the surface although some does leak off. I will definitely be using it again next year.

• Baller

Thanks @colo_skier - I didn't take my boat out because of the weather. It's been high 70's with water in the mid 60's here too for a week and a half now. Skied in shorts and a heater top last weekend. Just beautiful. My body just told me it was time to take some time off. My body is also really happy I didn't have to spend all day yesterday lying under my boat with Starbright and a scrub brush!

@Chef23 - I had to do some minor touch up and wipe down as well, but the whole process took a half hour or so as opposed to my usual 6 hour effort. In my experience the HC-1 worked way better than Starbright, which is basically oxalic acid.

• Baller
I used HC-1 for the below waterline stains on my hull and it worked great there, but @jdarwin is right, it didn't cut the hard water spots above waterline. A friend told me to use toilet bowl cleaner on those, which worked great. Just wiped it on and rinsed it off and the water spots were gone.

I am no salesman, but HC-1 applied and rinsed off with a soapy sponge and got rid of a decades old scuz line. Old Hydrodyne. I wore an old gas mask because I figured acid and soap was bad. Still have 10 fingers. Stuff works and didn't kill the grass either.

• Baller
There were two products I've used, Y10 and FSR that were very effective at removing the coffee waterline stain. They were most likely some type of acid (similar to Naval Jelly). They were a jelly consistency that got wiped on left to sit 5 mins and hosed off. May leave a chalky finish but easily waxed back to shiny.

Hello everyone and thanks for all your support. HC-1 is alive and well, and most importantly... still available. I've been on a little vacation, so I apologize for any delayed shipments.

Products are available @ www.aurorachemical.com, amazon (search HC-1 Boat cleaner) and ebay.

If anyone is interested in local distribution, please contact me @ stevemilano@aurorachemical.com

Thanks again and best wishes!

-Steve

• Baller
I ordered some HC-1 and it worked great. Just sprayed it on. I also use Babes spot solver regularly and I've noticed if you use the mist setting and spray it on pretty thick it works pretty well also, not quite as strong but if it not too nasty it works.