Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

Old Pro Waterskiing Vids (Mapple, LaPoints, Kjellander, Roberge, Brush-Mapple, Duvall etc)

mapple_fan

Hi, new poster.. Old retired lake vet with creaky knees. I had several videos stashed on VHS which I've been able to get digitized

Pro Tour vids and an old Worlds tourney.

Hope you all enjoy em as I don't see any of these in the you tube world. As I get them up. I'll post em here.

First One is KP Worlds in 1987 Thorpe Park London

List of Skiiers:

Men's Slalom:

Mike Hazlewood 4:00 Mark

Kris LaPoint 8:40 Mark

Mick Neville 27:45 Mark

Mike Kjellander 33:35 Mark

Pierre Carmen 37:10 Mark

John Battleday 40:15 Mark

Bob LaPoint 46:05 Mark

Andy Mapple 54:00 Mark

Women's Slalom:

Camille Duvall 13:40 Mark

Kim Laskoff 14:56 Mark

Women's Jumping:

Judy McClintock-Messer 20:10 Mark

Karen Neville 21:00 Mark

Camille Duvall 21:40 Mark

Karen Morse 23:10 Mark

Deena Brush-Mapple 24:30 Mark

• Baller_

Hah!!! I was at that one. AWESOME!!!

Hmmmm... Once again a slalom event targeted at the Joe Public TV audience and they announce ONLY in how many feet is left on the line vs how many feet are coiled up in the bottom of the boat...wonder way..? Just sayn..

• Baller
@Wish Rogaine didn't pack em in , either. It was coincidence... SL quallie was Friday's, wakeboard was a couple guys between men and women or sl and jump, when quallie became 7:30 am Sat morning, the writing was on the wall. And at skier's meetings they (WWS) were asking skiers if they knew of anyone that might want to sponsor a Tour :/

• Baller
Not a "tour".Now there are cash prize tournaments, generally on private lakes, unrelated to each other . Back in the day, it was an 8-weekend Tour, with one main sponsor (Michelob Dry, Bud, Cafe de Columbia, yes Rogaine,). It was managed by World Waterski, owners of Waterski Mag. and generally in business park ponds, small city parks and rivers

• Baller
@jhughes I was noticing that two. Those old MC could be pulled around. Did you notice when Andy was coming into the gates the drive lined up a couple of feet off center to toward one ball. Andy pulled it back to center on his wake cuts. Some serious leverage there.

• Baller

1987 Worlds: Kim Laskoff's first of 2 Worlds wins. Sammy needed a big jump distance

(for that time) to win overall. He did that on his first leap, and then went on to win jump

with his first 200 footer (60.9m), a US record at the time. After he had been getting

closer & closer & closer with US records in 1984 of 198', then 199' (60.6) in 1986, 199'

(60.8) earlier in 1987. This was part of a run of 14 consecutive US jump records from

1981--1993, that pushed the US record from 193' to 220'.

• Baller_

@Broussard, here are a couple of videos from the Michelob Dry tour in 1990. Same tournament in Michigan. Men's slalom semifinals and finals. I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for. I have a few Hot Summer Nights tournaments on some old VHS somewhere. These are the only two clips I digitized and posted.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.