2015 Disabled Waterski Worlds

usaski1

• Baller

Awesome!

Watching the webcast and seeing some of the images from these competitions I have to wonder, why aren't the disabled water skiing events better covered in the media?

Some of the innovative ways that these athletes compete in the sport are just mind-bogglingly cool. I'm certain there must be some really astonishing and inspirational stories to tell.

• Baller

@DefectiveDave I think local media tends to pick up on them pretty frequently. I know local Sac. news picked up Connor Pogetto with his almost WR trick run in the prelims. Local news in ATL have done a few spots on our local athletes over the years as well.

These athletes have great stories and are fun people to be around. I ski with a a few members of the US team and have been to a disabled nats. It's always a fun time.

Live results can be found at http://www.iwwfed-ea.org/competition.php?cc=D-15IWWFD01&page=live

and live webcast

http://www.dwwsc.org/index.php/live-web-cast

• Baller
@usaski1 - So, I know that every time you slalom, someone comments "if you could only stay on edge through the wakes..." Looking at the pictures of the other sit-ski slalom skiers, I didn't see a single one where the skier "stayed down" through the wakes. Just curious, does anyone pull that off? I once suggested that due to the loads and short "lever" of a sit-ski stance, it may be nearly impossible to do. Just wondering...

• Baller
I think i placed 4th out of 27 for slalom.... If we only go by best score, im top 3. They score closest to the record, not best bouy count. IE, someone in mens 1 scores a World Record, they beat someone that would get 1 at 43. Its a funny system. The best actual score does not win.