Any Advantages to newer Nautique 200

gregy

• Baller

Much of the feel is due to the prop. Even a first year 200 will feel much like a 2015 with the later prop. In all actuality 2010 and 2011 200s had better acceleration than 2012s due to the prop choice at the time. Also, catalytic converters weren't required until 9/1/11. So you can find some 11's without cats if they were built in July and August.

The screen was an option for all 200s. It was just refined in 2013 to be more intuitive and to add zero off to it so that you didnt need to have a standalone zo if you optioned it for the screen.

• Baller
We have a 2013 and 2014 available for sale. Oddly, the throttle on the 2014 is stiffer. The 2015 throttles are sweet! The throttle stiffness issue in the 2013-2014's seems to be more of a boat by boat issue. Some are stiffer than others but I don't think it's tied to model year. They redid the 2015's

• Baller
The 2015 200 has electronic shift - no longer a mechanical shift cable to the transmission from the throttle - and the throttle is sweet. The 2015 5.7L engine reportedly has a little more horsepower than 2014. Not having catalytic converters is a plus for the older 200's.

• Baller
I would second all the comments on the throttle "feel". Especially for any club or owner that wanted a boat to teach beginners or even ski smaller children/people. I would also say, that the built in screen with ZO is not exactly user friendly. Find a Sr. Driver that knows his/her way around that interface! Especially if they are a little eye sight challenged, as the numbers/times/settings are so darn small and hidden in the "bling" of the newest lync look....... I might opt for the ZO gauge if I had a choice, depending on your use, or who was using it the most.

• Baller
I really don't care for the ZO in the LINC system. I'd actually prefer the standard ZO module, on the other hand (thread hijack) the MC screen is SWEET! User friendly and easy for old eyes to see. @GOODESkier, I don't think you need an SR driver to help you. It just takes a bit to get a handle on it. For the average owner, that doesn't change many things, as opposed to,tournament driving, it's not a big deal. Now my biggest problem is trying to use it as if it's a touch screen and wondering why nothing happened, lol.

• Baller

@LeonL I was saying that I have watched SR Drivers float for extended minutes trying to figure out how to do most anything on the Nautique screen for 2015. It is not an issue for me. I spend enough time in a variety of boats that I can work my way through most set up/maps in a few clicks.

I SECOND that the Mastercraft has the BEST interface for Zero Off in the business. And yes you can actually touch the screen!

• Baller
@GOODESkier , Oops! I retread your post and caught the drift of it. I've seen the same thing. There are a lot of SR/REG drivers that just don't make the effort to get acquainted with a new system until tournament day. If something new comes out, I generally make an effort to get with a promo guy and go to his site and learn all the nuances. Heck I don't wnat to be embarrassed, and I want to give skiers what they paid for.

• Baller
@gregy I have a 2010 5.7 with a 654 prop and 900 hours and a 2011 6.0l with 668 prop and over 1400 hours. Neither has the link system. Both are going strong. I get to drive the new boats of all brands in tournaments and I have no desire to upgrade.