Katy Texas/South Texas folks, Anyone know about this LXI?

gt2003

• Baller

I'm still on the search for a boat to replace my I/O that I'll be selling early next year. This one is still on SIA and it's pretty much what I want. Anyone on here skied behind it, know the condition etc? Hoping it will stay around until early next year anyway!

Link

• Baller
Great boat, and the owner is a great guy. I've ski'd behind and driven this boat numerous times. Pretty sure he even took the bow cushions out of the boat when he bought it just to preserve them. Boat is in great shape and maintained very well

• Baller
The promo TXI's on SIA are all 48-49K. I'm already at top end of budget by even pursuing the above boat but if he is willing to negotiate then maybe we can make something happen. I'm in no huge hurry. Just wanted to make sure it was a boat worth looking at next year...if it's still around by then.

• Baller
Thanks @oldjeep . Unfortunately, $39,900 is a little out of range, $34,900 actually is a little out of range unless he will negotiate on the LXI. I'll be seeing what kind of negotiating skills I have as spring inches closer. If a deal can't be reached, I'll have to find another one. I'd like to get a new'ish ZO boat. The open bow LXI fits the bill, especially since it has the wedge and the tower. That's still 5 months away. A LOT can happen between now and then!

• Baller
@gt2003 -' as spring inches closer ' is a very bad time to plan for negotiating a boat purchase. the absolute dead of winter is when you have the most leverage because few others are in the buying mode at that moment. your negotiating skills need to begin with understanding the value of timing.

• Baller

Thanks @mwetskier , I'm fully aware that the longer I wait, the less bargaining power I have. Unfortunately I can't afford 2 boat payments! Here's to hoping I can recoup a little more on my boat at the beginning of the year to offset the difference. No matter what, I believe it would be a great boat if a deal can be made! And the fact that it is a ZO boat ensures that I can keep it for quite a few years!

• Baller

The one I asked about is sold, deposit made and the guy is picking it up this weekend.

I'm really looking for something with perfect pass and a tower. That was my "perfect" set up but there are a lot of nice boats out there. The search resumes... I hear the Mastercrafts have nicer wakes than the Malibu's but I've never skied a Mastercraft...yet

• Baller

At my level (level 0 pretty much) anything will be great. I know each person has their personal favorites. I ski at 30 mph right now in the course so not sure any boat will have a "great" wake at that speed. I loved the carbon pro at that speed and a 2011 Malibu wasn't bad either. Surprisingly, I didn't like the wake of the Nautique at that speed. I'll just have to ski the rest and make a final decision.

• Baller

This Sunsetter that Lieutenant Dan posted earlier still looks like what IMO you described earlier as pretty well meeting your criteria. In your price range too. In the photo it looks like there are snap downs below the rub rail, looks like there might be a snap down cover with it too? No covers in the photos but it looks like snap downs to me. Here is a link