You know it is a bad ski day when...

ToddF

• Baller
...you're cruising down the lake enjoying everything and somebody in the boat asks "Should water be coming out of there?" as they point to the engine cover. Thats how you find out the last person that used the boat took out the drain plug.

• Baller
When you launch the boat for the first time after in- winterizing and it over heats 3/4 mile from the ramp. Enough tools on board to change the impeller. Overheats again. Adrift. Bass boat offers a tow. Deep contemplation reveals that the raw water intake should have been connected on the starboard side! LXI ran great for the rest of the season.

• Baller_
....when you spend an awsome day on the lake with your girl friend skiing, boating, swimming and cap off the day with a sunset. Then head back to the ramp, load the boat in the dark and realize you left your ski on the platform. Saw more gator eyes with the spot light then I care to mention. Never found the ski.

• Baller

@siouxcitysmitty Dude, almost the same thing happened to me in '96 when I got my first brand new Ski Nautique. Had it a week and my girlfriend was pulling me open water on a big lake. All of a sudden the boat goes wonky and I go in the water. She's screaming and crying from where the boat coasts about 1/4 mile away. So I swim as fast as I can there. She'd hit something large. Broke the rudder off, bent the strut 90 degrees, turned the shaft into a pretzel, and turned the prop into a ball of metal. Luckily, the bilge kept up and we had beer and a cell phone. I should have never married her 3 years later after she let my baby get hurt.

• Baller
Ski bud calls me at work and says let's ski this evening, agrees to stop by my house and grab my gear so I can drive straight to the lake. Shows up with my old ski (about 4 skis ago old) which is now set up with XL boots for my nephew. I have only size 8-1/2 feet. Trying to control that thing was a real hoot.

• Baller

....when you look at the shadow of your car on the concrete wall before entering a tunnel and you realize that your roof box is open, you are speeding (not saying how fast) for the last 80 miles and the content is probably gone.

It happened to a friend 3 days ago while he was driving back from the lake. His first thought was, "hope I haven't caused any accident". He drove back and find his staff, the road patrol had gathered them, no accident thank god.

His son's ski was full of cracks, the fin had stopped under the RTP after it had sliced through half of the aluminum plate.

His ski was in a Masteline padded bag that looked intact considering, content was in place and the ski was ok in its neoprene cover, hope came back until he turned it over only to realize that there was a big side to side crack unber the rear boot,

If we turn this to a contest this could be a winning story

• Baller

Ha! @MS It was my old black Monza (2005 ?).

It seemed faster than ever, and a lil crazy going into turns as my feet moved around a bit. Started to do ok, but was glad to evetually get back out on my current ski.

• Baller
When you go to the lake and it is glassy (very rare on open big lake in Geneva) and the pilot is 2 hours late, then the wind had picked up (north 10knot) and finally when you can still go skiing with okay conditions and crackkkk, the binding just broke when puting the ski. Well it was a good day for coffee and muffins and croissant and finishing with a beer.

Only had your boat a couple of weeks. Out cruising full speed, watching RPM's, oil pressure etc. just to see what it will do. She runs great. You decide to shut her down and just chill. CRAZY clanking in the engine compartment/maybe under the boat as you slow down. Inspect under the boat, in engine compartment...nothing. Start her up, slip her into gear...all is OK. Apply throttle, SAME NOISE! Limped back to the dock and took her to the mechanic. Gimble bearing SHOT and literally disintegrated into a bunch of pieces. Not the best "first experience" with the boat but quickly realized why Break Out Another Thousand makes complete sense.

• Baller

1967 or so late-late Fall, and skiing on the Connecticut river just North of the Wilder Dam,

where I had a more or less ski site. Skiing into October, November, and even December. I was

keeping track of the water temperature, to be sure to pull out the boat before the river froze

over. Water got down under 40 degrees, and then 35 degrees. Thought I was safe, but a day

or so later of cold weather and no wind: the river froze over. Oops. And the launch ramp was

about 5 miles upstream. Fortunately, the ice broke a couple days later. But, not at the launch

ramp cove. So, had to run the boat in circles to make wakes to crack the ice and then play

icebreaker. In subsequent years, we stopped earlier. Halloween was the limit.

• Baller
When you pickup your boat from being detailed and waxed, including the bottom. Take the beautifully clean boat for a run on the lake before heading home. Get her loaded up on the trailer and head home but don't realize you forgot to secure the bow to the trailer. Take off at the first stop light and leave the boat in the middle of the intersection. This actually happened to a customer when I worked at a nautique dealership during college. Had to go pick it up with the fork truck. I have a dozen stories like this from working there.