Where to ski in Orlando Florida?

• Baller
There are a ton of options in the Orlando area and prices depend on whether you just want to ski a set like at Lapoint Ski Park which runs $30 or so per set to coached sets at at least 6-8 sites (Wilson Brothers, Matt Rini, Lucky Lowe just to name a few) which generally run in the $60-80 per set depending on where you are and who is coaching.

• Baller
@scotchipman just KLP I believe is the only one doing just sets without coaching. And I think the price might actually be $35. Coaching options are almost endless. The question to ask is exactly what neighborhood will you be in to choose where to ski...... Travers, Swiss, Jodi's, TGas, I thought Mapple was still in operation but never seen activity since AM's passing and hydrilla growth there shows a lack of use.

• Baller_
So I spoke to an Orlando WaterSports Complex (now Aksion Sports) employee not to long ago and there is a slalom course there on the boat lake. It's on a system that can be raised and lowered. Was a while ago but employee said course was broke and under water. There is a new 200 that can be rented by the hour with a driver. If I recal it was surprisingly cheap and if a few skiers split the rate it's even better. Or $25 a set. It does say Saturday Slalom on web site but guessing other times could be worked out with enough notice. It's a sleeper of an option as most think it's just cables and wake boats. Guess it's not a sleeper anymore. May be worth a call. Plus all the other activities happening there for other family members. A few Pro tour stops had there.

• Baller

Best as I know, the SL course on the OWC boat lake is bottom-anchored. Since I would

have supervised the installation about 1999, when the Pro Tour went there. For several

years, Mike Ferraro had a ski and wakeboard coaching business there. I don't know about

any raising/lowering system, other than snapping/unsnapping buoys to the subbuoys.

Unless things totally have changed there.

The Tour went there around 1999--2002. Jaret went 299' there in Ski Flying in a separate

event in year 2000.

• Baller_
Ed, I thought that was odd as well. Thinkn maybe a bladder submersible system was added to accommodate wakeboats as that's their primary business. But if the course can be or maybe by now is functional, it's a cheap set.

• Baller

Skied there several times when Ferraro was running his school. The course had detachable buoys from the subs. It skied pretty well. Last time I was there was April 15, 2010, skied with Andy Mapple and KC Wilson. That was really a GREAT day I will never forget.

Still remember Andy saying, "You need to lean more."

• Baller_
@jcamp Hey Justin! I haven't made March travel plans, so if you're coming down and want to ski, I can plan around you. I've been in NY skiing (snow, and water) since before Christmas, and head south tomorrow night. I should be at the lake about 9 Saturday if you'd like to join me!

Lpskier