D3 ARC?

DaveD

• Baller
I have always loved the "D3 feel" and the build quality of their products but had performance issues when the water heated up over 90. The last D3 model that performed well for me was the Z7. I hope they knock this out of the ball park. With Nick Parsons on the design team, I'm confident they will.

• Administrators
D3 told me that with the ARC they moved way out of their comfort zone to make something better. They changed things in the ski shape that in the past they never changed and they believe the result is a big step forward. I look forward to seeing it in person.

• Baller

I wouldn't be surprised if either:

1) Nate has already been skiing the Arc with current model graphics, or

2) Nate has always skied on some old ski that he loves with current model graphics.

Heck, Nate could probably ski on a fence plank into 39 off.

Interesting how just when you think skis couldn't get any better, everyone has something new and innovative. Just as long as I get to ski on the new stuff and my competitors keep their old skis, then life will be great.

• Baller

Hey Greg, there will be more to come...

and we'll update it as we go...but in talking to the guys at D3...this is the first ski that has they started from scratch on...totally new rocker line. totally new concave / depth of concave, and all new bevels. It will allow skiers to ski forward or back on the ski, and have a new feel that is unlike anything you've felt on a D3.

Here is what we'll have to start on the website...more to come!

ALL NEW FOR 2016, D3 is proud to introduce the ARC Slalom.

The new ARC (ADVANCED ROCKER & CONCAVE) slalom ski is the culmination of a two-year project to design and develop a ski that offers the ultimate in slalom ski performance. Denny, Will, Nate & the crew basically started with a fresh canvas on this project to try and take an totally fresh look at ski width, rocker and concave, existing shapes, new shapes, what works, and what doesn’t. The end result is the all new ARC which Denny and his team feel is the greatest slalom ski design in the history of any Denny Kidder brand. No gimmicks, no gadgets, just the perfect ski with the perfect shape.

Nate Smith- on his new ARC, “ With the ARC, I am confident that increasing my World Record at 43 is only a matter of time …”

Key Features on the all new D3 ARC Slalom:

* Natural Radius Rocker Profile- Creates a tight radius turn that starts with ease and finishes completely.

* Aggressive Concave Depth- Allows the ARC to grab powerful angle and cross course hold; giving the skier the ability to add direction thru the wakes. The result- a ski that is faster and earlier to the next buoy.

* Wider Forebody- Provides more support and course width without losing speed thru the turn. The ARC casts outbound better than any ski D3 has ever produced.

* Tip to tail bevel design- The bevel assembly of the ARC stays consistent from tip to tail to allow a smooth precise water flow. This keeps the ski moving even when aggresively attacking the shortest line lengths.

* 45/45 Carbon Fiber Laminate Layup- This unique layup allows the ARC to recover from the massive loads of short line turns. This keeps the ARC stable and predictable to maximize cross course direction out of the turns.

* Power Flex Pattern- A flex pattern with unparalleled consistency means the harder you push the ARC the better it responds.

* Rockerblock R-30- Is standard equipment on all ARC slalom skis. The success of the Rockerblock has carried D3 to World Slalom Records. Its natural radius delivers a complete finish to both the on-side and the off-side turns.

Price: $1,599.99

Sizes:

64” Now taking Pre-orders to ship April 15th

65”, Now taking Pre-orders to ship March 18th

66”, Now taking Pre-orders to ship March 18th

67”, Now taking Pre-orders to ship March 18th

68” Now taking Pre-orders to ship April 22nd

• Baller

Flex...the S will be a slightly softer flex. Here is what they are saying on that

In this design process we learned that there was a need for “softer-more forgiving” ski. We also learned that alot of skiers like to have a softer ski that would afford them a bigger sweet spot as they moved to shorter line lengths and allow them to have a ski that was simply easier to ski on. The ARC-S is the answer to those skiers needs. This is a departure to our thought of a “ladies & mens specific flex”. In the course of testing skis, we really found the flex of the ski and size the skiier preferred to ski on really depended on the style and needs of that specific skier. Also that not all women need or want a softer ski. The ARC-S also is the perfect solution for skiers who have to drop down their boat speed for their skier division but still want a ski with true short line performance at the slower speed. The ARC-S is the answer to their demands.

Softer Flex Pattern- The ARC-S is a slightly softer version of the ARC that has all the same awesome characteristics. The ARC-S is the perfect solution for lighter skiers and also for those skiers who are at the lower end of the weight range for a particular size ski. The ARC-S is the solution for skiers who prefer to ski the next larger size ski and for those that are dropping speed divisions but still want short line performance.