1 Boat And 1 Set To Ski Your PB Today For A Million Bucks - What Are you going to choose honestly?

ozski

• Baller

My boat! '94 Nautique with perfect pass zbox. Is it the best wake? Not by a long shot... have I logged more ski hours on it than any other? Yep. At 35 off and beyond the dip can be distracting if you aren't used to it though.

Close second would be either of my ski partners mid 2000s 196s. One PP and one zero off... I'm not fussy!

• Baller
I was between boats and a friend let me ski behind his 196. Could have been the lake, his driving or I was just so greatful to get a pull but something clicked behind that boat. Granted I haven't seen 28 off since then either so it was my PB.

• Administrators
I could probably run more balls behind the early 90s Mastercraft with PP but that power plant is so weak compared to modern boats that the score would not be equivalent to anything else on the list. All power plants and cruise being equal Centurion is my first choice and 196 second.

• Supporting Member
It's really splitting hairs for me. I have a feeling that if I had some more time behind the Centurion, I might have picked it. It's basically a tie of N200, N196, and CarbonPro, but the others aren't far behind in my mind. I have numerous ways to psyche myself out, but the boat is almost never one of them. All of these boats are GOOD.

• Baller

Late model 196 with ZO. Having said that tourney PB is a SN 200 with 6.0, and this is all splitting hairs. I'd run a Txi, a Lxi, a Lx, a Prostar 197, a new Prostar, a Carbon pro. The boats are all better than my ability and all of them ski great.

I open at 28 off and feel like the 196 is tough to beat there. Once at 32 off and beyond I don't notice. I do like the "feel" of the 6.0 Nautique 200 better than the 5.7. I also did not love the Illmor motor in the PS 197.

• Baller
I've only been back skiing tournaments a year but, so far, have run more balls behind the Centurion. Probably more a function of it being the last tournament I skied in last year, but I like it. I can't say I like any one over any of the current offerings, but a higher ball count always wins.

Voted for the boat I own. Love my TXi and I feel so comfortable behind all other TXi's I have skied. All of the boats on the list are good though, each has their own "flavor", but all good.

I can also think of a great local site, and driver that I would choose without hesitation.

• Baller
In order of importance for me it's ski, driver, boat. I'll be on my current stick but my boat choice is highly driver dependent. I'd let Beauford drive me behind a 200 they track so well but @Razorskier1 @6balls @MS or @Mrs_MS behind the 2016 prostar and I think that's near my best bet. I'm sure I missed some good baller drivers but I rarely venture outside Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa for tournament tugs.