Swiss Pro Slalom

Stevie Boy

• Administrators
I am generally critical of web casts.... these guys are doing a very good job. This is a very good web cast. I also sense an evolution in Tony's announcing. I like a calmer Tony better than the fully caffeinated Tony.

• Baller
It is very good... I can't recall ever seeing anything better. The feed stays up, the announcing isn't annoying, and the camera work is good. It's too bad the drone transmission isn't better - it looks like they've stopped using it now. Even without the drone, the camera angles work well.

• Baller

Freddie took one of the worst OTF falls I've seen at 41off. Think Nate won but my feed just died.

Yep Freddie fell going to 4. Nate got around 4. Freddie gonna be hurting. Good thing he's young.

• Supporting Member

Sure hope @FWinter is OK!

Fwiw, the Dual-Lock appeared to perform perfectly in release in that scenario. It's no secret I have concerns about DL for release, but I also try to make accurate observations!

• Elite Skier

I can't believe I'm reading positive reviews of a webcast. I didn't watch a whole lot (skiing etc got in the way) but I know that Vince Stadlbaur and Tony have been working on it for a few days to get it right after Tony flew in two days early for that reason. Credit where credits due and from what you're all saying it paid off big time. This is the sort of thing the sport needs. FYI Tony showed me some of the early positive comments and was very happy. Great event all round, the Stadlbaurs and all involved did a fantastic job.

As for my crash, what a huge bloody idiot.

• Baller

Good webcast, but beware of being too enamored of the drone. It's nice for an occasional different perspective, but showing the women's 39's in the finals from the drone (where you can't really see anything) was aggravating.

That was a brutal fall. Woulda' snapped my back in half!

• Supporting Member

That really was a great webcast. The prep paid off.

The octocopter is admittedly a work in progress BUT keep at it with that. There's a ton of potential in that direction.

It's the only view I've seen that really illustrates the speed and acceleration.

I know us Joe Public will never REALLY know whats under the top guys and girls feet, but why would Nate pose with an older Quest when the company he skis for has JUST released a newer model, which he says "will add a few more bouys" to his score.

Even if he skis on something older and more comfortable for him, at least pose on the podium with the newest of the new!

As for Freddie, man I hope your alive.. good skiing buddy!

• Administrators

You guys that are commenting on what Nate skis on....

First of all, the graphics on a pro skiers ski may or not not match the ski design. That ski may be an ARC with Quest graphics or actually a Quest or a new secret 2017 or 2018 ski with Quest graphics. We will never know.

The exact ski pros are on may or may not work for the skiing public. I know from personal experience that pro skier fin settings rarely work for mortals like myself.

My point is - ski companies like to have their top skiers on current graphic skis but it does not always work out that way. None of this says anything good or bad about the ARC.