Video Coaching

lcgordon

• Baller
Hi I was thinking about doing some video coaching and wanted your guys opinion. I watched the Seth example that is on this site and it looks good. I emailed him and he gave me some info. I also saw Chris Parrish does it also. Chris is 45 bucks a time and you can send him 1 pass. Seth is 150 bucks but you can send him 6 passes at one time and he makes a video for you explaining it. Is there any other people you would recommend or have experience with. Im not trying to cheap out but using Chirs I could give 3 different passes at 3 different times as I progress and need new feed back for the same price as Seth. But Seth seems like he may go into a bit more detail. Does anybody have any experience?

• Baller
Seth is a top notch coach although I've only ever skied with him in person. Never had any coaching with CP. I like the idea of sending six passes so he can see all of my problems. With one pass you might manage to hide some problems that need correcting where that's pretty unlikely over six passes, at least for me.

• Baller

I had video coaching from CP last season and I plan on doing more this year.

Unless it's changed, I sent 3 or more passes to Chris last year each lesson.

He's a great coach. My gate is so much better now and I'm skiing much better as a result of his coaching.

• Baller
@lcgordon you can send me up to 4 passes and try to pick the passes that you feel like you'd want me to see out of that set. Then from there I do voice over at any speed , frame by frame or normal speed. After that I send it back to you , we chat about it before your next set.

@CParrish43 is on the forefront of skiing efficiency with Zero Off. He will give you the insight and the tools to ski more efficient with Zero Off. Chis has also been a pro since he was 18 and has trained with legends like Wade Cox, Andy Mapple, Lucky Lowe and many others.

Also don't forget he's a 3 time World Record holder :)

• Baller
I dont doubt anybodies ability to teach or ski. Im sure they are all great. I was just wanting options and to hear people personal experience and who they would recommend. And one of the last priorities is bang for my buck. Not a huge concern but I am thinking about it.

• Baller
May try Chet and Chirs out this year they are the same price basically and would not hurt to get both opinions I would think. Seth seems great but he is triple the price. Seems like he does a great job tho.

• Baller

Chet was a great guy. Very nice and allowed some calls after the fact. Pretty much he just wanted me to straighten my legs everywhere. Pretty much just talked about gate pull out and turn in.

It was good but was kind of looking for more tips like what to do to keep myself from stuffing the tip. Then if I dont get on the front of the ski I turn on the tail. How to get somewhere in the middle and a bunch of other small tips to help me kind of fix shorter term problems. He pretty much went at it like restart your skiing and you will be much better in the long run.

So in short was it anything I have never heard no but it was kind of something I needed to hear in a persons voice to make me start working on it and stop thinking little changes was going to fix me.