One of you guys loose a lily pad?

oldjeep

• Baller
Yikes! Hey, I went to high school with the woman who filmed it- haven't seen her in years. MS may have it- heading east just a few miles from cheeseland... Didn't look like he was following particularly close, but he was coming up pretty quickly. Good thing everyone else was paying attention.

• Baller
There's good technique and bad technique for falling off a road bike: rolling and tumbling = bad, spreadeagled like a starfish and sliding = less bad. Good thing this newbie was wearing shorts and sneakers for protection on the freeway too ... duh.

• Baller
WBLskier- assuming it's who I think it is (lives about three miles from where it happened, married to an insurance guy who has dash cams in his vehicles, same name) it's as oldjeep says- they're becoming much more common.

• Baller

Guy was very very lucky, both in the lack of injuries and not getting hit. I ride, and I ALWAYS wear the right gear. I did a superman off a motorcycle back in 2012 and have a separated shoulder as a permanent reminder, but it could have been MUCH worse. My helmet was deeply scraped on all 4 sides. Jacket was torn on front and back and it was a thick leather jacket. Only place I did get a couple rasberries was on my hands because it was hot and wasn't wearing gloves, they were in my jacket pockets. Won't make that mistake again.

Always wear the right gear, don't follow boats and contractor trailers, shit is always flying out of those. Don't wear shorts on a bike.