1997 Flightcraft Barefooter

rodltg2

• Baller

@skibrain pretty incredible. When you stand behind one and look down at the wake it's kind of mind bending. Same for the outboard Sanger. So very low.

Gets a little more firm at shortline with the bubbles. Very forgiving kid and longline wake much less than inboards.

I own a Centurion Falcon Barefoot that I no longer slalom, but used to into 35 off at 36 mph in the course. My kids learned to ski on that boat and the slow speed wake is still small.

• Baller

@skibrain the Centurions (Barefoot Warrior and Falcon Barefoot) have a lot of negative transom angle so the motor tucks way under with full trim down. This helps tracking by driving the front of the hull into the water and also hole shot if a big load...meaning unloaded a flighty, a sanger, a centurion all rip out of the hole but if you want to pull a 6 man, 200 lb each barefoot line from deep-water start or pull your cabin into the water the Centurion has the big power hole shot. Wake not quite as good on the Centurions, and I re-did my pylon mount which now is awesome but before was not so great...a bracket that was lag bolted into wood stringers. I know have aluminum plates on each side of the stringer, thru-bolted, double nutted, powder coated...super solid. Not sure how the Sanger is mounted but the Flighty is mounted really well from factory...my guess is the '97 above has no wood.

The Sanger tracks like a monster in a straight line, perhaps a little less nimble as a result but the best wake out there, period for an outboard.

The Flighty is a cool boat...bought and produced by Malibu eventually like the one above. Tracked straight but with a serious slalom skier (this meaning my beastly brother when we test drove it) the nose would rise just a bit each time he pulled. A few pulls later he broke the rope so take that for what it's worth.

Overall...if I was interested in the breed this far out in the cycle I wouldn't buy a Centurion other than mine (not bragging...but there's no wood rot and she's mint with tilt/hydraulic steering, beefed up pylon mount, new interior). The right Sanger maybe but would still worry about the wood in a boat that old. I would go with a Flighty AFTER Malibu bought them and began producing them with Malibu quality control and no wood. The boat above looks awesome...just think it's a little pricey. I'd be stretching to get $16K for my other boat which is a 2000 SN196 in great shape low hours.

• Baller
@skibrain we ski behind a Flightcraft just like that one. Awesome boat. Wakes are small and soft all around. My buddy is mens 8 at 30mph and occasionally into 38off. Rest of us 32 and 34 mph into 32 off. It's been used for many beginners and novices as well and is very easy to ski behind for all levels. Excellent boat all around!!!