Pictures from Nationals

fox197

• Baller

@MattP Elgins three jumps at nationals were all much closer to riding away than regionals. Story has it that he was told that some bigger jumpers would help his landings. His response basically was "I can do that!" What you see is the work product of a guy who has unlimited enthusiasm and a creative mind. I want to grow up to be just like him!

I did ask him why he put those "antique" bindings on a brand new pair of jumpers ... He said "oh no, their brand new too!!"

• Baller
@jimbrake Bruce's first jump was a plop which was tips down immediately off the top of the ramp. Second jump was also a plop that he rode away. He slipped his arm into his sling and surprised us all (most of us at least!) with a big cut at the last jump. It was impressive to say the least!!

• Baller
He apparently got talked into "plopping" but that is not his mentality whatsoever. I tried to talk him into a compromise of maybe a 3/4 cut and land some 50-60' jumps as I didn't want to see him get hurt...but he showed me! And he tweaked his hamstring/quad tricking the day before, so I was pretty surprised to hear his news when I got the call.

• Baller

@Jody_Seal Your kid rocks! He put on a great show at night after putting his heart into the Nationals competition.

Steven is not the only one who rocked Nationals.

Even if you finished DFL (like me - Jody, thanks for the photo recognition) you were a true contributor. Congratulations to all the competitors and medalists!

Eric

• Baller
@Dirt - Tiara (3rd place, 2.5 @ -28) just learned the course three years ago. First ever pass was this time in 2013. She's learned correct form from the beginning and has had a few lessons from @TFIN, so there ya go!