Brooks Wilson to assume the role of Radar Brand Manager

Horton

• Administrators

http://www.ballofspray.com/images/2016/brooks.png

Radar waterskis is proud to announce Brooks Wilson will reside the post of Brand Manager. A very dynamic position overseeing the design, production, marketing, and sales of every product with the Radar name on it.

We used this quote from one of our countries true great leaders in regards to the backbone of a successful brand manager. "People must have the self-confidence to be clear, precise, to be sure that every person in their organization—highest to lowest—understands what the business is trying to achieve.” - Jack Welch. Somebody that really understands the business - where it is today, where it is going tomorrow and how it will get there in a simple pragmatic manner. When we started the search with this mindset there was only 1 name on our list - Brooks Wilson.

At the ripe young age of 26 Brooks has pretty much been there and done that in the world of watersports - with the exception of fulfilling the hot seat as the Radar Skis Brand Manager.

As a skier - He’s been a National Waterski Champion, Jr. Masters & US Open Champion, and stood on Pro Podiums.

As an ambassador - Brooks spent years on the road throughout the states, and all the way to to Australia, South Africa and Europe for clinics, competitions and demos.

As a marketer - He created a waterski community called Radar Nation - an interactive ski site for likeminded skiers across the globe.

As a leader - Brooks has always lead by example - setting an example for those around him.

As a friend - We couldn’t be more excited to have his energy at Square 1 Distribution on a daily basis.

• Like 1

• Baller
Congratulations Brooks. Welcome to the west coast. Radar is lucky to have you on their team.When I heard the news , I was happy for you and your career , but a bit sad for all of the skiers that rely on your coaching , myself included. I'm sure your hectic schedule will still allow you to do a bit of coaching when you are out there promoting the brand. Enjoy the next chapter of your life !

• Baller_
met him last year-ish. He dropped by to pick up an item dropped off by a mutual friend. We were skiing at the time. Thought I'd be just handing him the items and he'd on the way. He asked if he could ride along. Heck ya!! Next thing we know he is coaching 2 of us for full sets each. And nailing exactly what was needed for each skier. Telling us what is going well and telling us what needs to be a focus. And he did it in a way where you could tell he wanted the light to come on in your eyes before he let you ski. And then there is the car he's tooling around in. Hope he's not taking it out West. Not sure it would make it. Great guy, great coach, humble and very approachable. Good pick Radar. FL loss for sure.

• Elite Skier
No better man for the job, so stoked for @brooks very well deserved. Cant wait to see where he takes the brand in the future! Excited to have him on the west coast for sure. Like @MattP said For everyone that is curious a few weeks ago Chris Sullivan started working with Mastercraft; got an offer he couldn't pass up. He is super excited for his future with them, Will miss him being at Radar!

• Industry Professional
Thanks everyone for the kind words and the support. To say I am beyond thrilled to make the move to Seattle is an understatement. It has been a dream of mine to be in this position for my whole life and to be here is surreal. Radar as a brand is in an amazing place thanks to Sully and I couldn't have asked for a better mentor to bring me to this day. Radar also wouldn't be what it is without ballers like you, your passion and support for Radar is inspiring and I am thankful and excited to continue to grow this brand with all of you. Together we are #radarnation and we will continue to grow that! Hope to catch up and hopefully ski with all of you soon!

• Industry Professional
I also have had a lot of incredible cars through the years and I am sure I will have more to come! I love how many memories many of you have brought up here, stoked for the memories to come as well.
  • Like 1

• Baller
3 hours ago, KRoundy said:

Is there official news on this topic? 

Yes. Radar just posted on their Facebook page that Trent Finlayson stepping in as the new Brand Manager. 

• Baller

I didn’t want to jump the gun, but I’m excited for Trent to step into this role, and I will miss Brooks. Brooks did so much for our local water ski club, from hosting demo days to helping out with swag to make our annual ski tournament awesome. I wish Brooks all the best in his next chapter! Welcome aboard, Trent!