What's your best ski?

Nando

• Baller
I broke a binding early this year and didn't have a replacement. As it was early in the year and I just wanted to get some conditioning runs in, I just ran to my garage and grabbed the only slalom I had with a binding on it-a 2002 HO Phantom. This was the ski I'd run my PB on, quite a few years ago. This was a ski I'd gotten a great deal on but never really intended to ski on- I'd bought it for the bindings and loved my old Goode, which was always the most natural feeling ski I'd ever been on. In the meantime, I'd been on a Monza and now a D3, and my water time had been really limited, so my skiing kind of sucked. But, being on that old Phantom, I remembered how difficult it had been to get dialed in and how good it was when I finally got it right- it still felt awfully good. I have a lot of skis in my past, but nothing ever felt as natural as my first Goode 9100 and I never performed like on the Phantom. So my question to you is: what's your favorite ski ever?

• Supporting Member

Hate to be unoriginal, but you already named it. Goode 9100 was the only time I hopped on a new ski and left my old PB permanently in the rear view mirror. To be honest, I can't really imagine how that could ever happen again, but there's always that hope...

Honorable mention to:

Goode 9900SL. Only ski I've ever run a tournament -38 on.

Goode Nano One. More practice -38s on this ski than all others combined.

I'm having an awesome time on my Denali (proto), too, but it's too soon to declare it an all-time favorite -- especially with more Denali innovation likely coming in the future!

• Baller_

My current ski is a Goode 9500 and it is my favorite. I've had a couple 9100s, a 9300, and a 9600. I also still have that 9300 and a 9960. I'm probably going to get the 9960 (which had to be repaired last year) out and try it again to see if like it as much or more than the 9500.

The 9500 just turns so well and still is plenty fast.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_
Agree with others, the 9100 simply was great from the first set on. Currently, my favorite stick happens to be a 9700 which I prefer over the 9900SL but have not skied on anything past that so one of the newer options might be better yet.

• Baller

More 38's on the Razor than all other skis combined...the majority falling in a single, very cool season. Big platform, very fast, can really horse it around.

Denali 3.1 rocked. 35's were dopey easy til it broke. I was super confident on that ski.

Now on a Vapor and knocked out a few 38's. Have it mostly dialed and it can be really good but from a style standpoint still feel like I'm missing something small to match it to me. Going to run it next year feel like there is still big potential and don't have a new ski per year budget. Never have skied a GOODE...Nano XT is tempting. Always loved D3 so ARC is tempting, too. Would like a shot at a new Razor, too...even though for most skiers it seems time has past them by.

• Administrators
@Dirt I got my ski back months later and only after I threatened to call the Sacramento Police Department and file a robbery report.

• Baller

Over the years lots of skis. Lots of companies.

For the last few years I have been on Goode skis.

Until this year a Nano 1.

Now have a Rev 6.

It seems stable, fast, gets wide, rewards technique improvements. I think it's the best I ski I have owned.

• Baller

so far I'm really impressed with my Connelly Carbon V. It feels effortless and so far hasn't punished my many mistakes with OTF crashes. LOL

Past favorites were my Connelly F1, an Obrien Siege Comp and the ski that started it all for me, back in the 70's, a gorgeous Connelly Hook, that I started throwing big spray with.

RPG

• Baller

I have a few. The first one for me was the EP Comp 1 I got it for my 12th birthday and ran 22 off @36 mph on it.

EP Stilleto was a jump for me. That was the first ski I bought myself when I was in high school or college I forget exactly which.

When I came back to skiing after 18 years off the HO A1 was awesome. It got me through 32 off for the first time in over 20 years.

In the past 5 years it is the Goode Mid. Only ski I ever ran 35 on (not in a tournament). I went away from it for a couple of years and wandered in the wilderness before getting another one this year.

• Baller

92 Kidder Redline Supreme - saved all summer for it

2002 Iconn Sonic C-6 Carbon, could never really get it to turn consistently but it was fast and stable but only after BOS helped me get it dialed thanks @Drago

2011 Connelly V prototype sans graphics , loaned to me by Kyle Eade @ Fluid Ski in Polk County first time in course in years

My newest to me ski 2012 HO A2 with EXO's I actually like the system early on and I skied it well without even a tweak to settings ... thanks @savaiusini for all your insight.

Most unique an early Taperflex with SHAG carpeting for the foot bed !

1970 something cypress gardens "el diablo" grooved wooden slalom! Terrible ski, but it's the one I learned on!!!

To date, for me, my favorite is radar senate. After a year of struggling, I'm setting pb every time I ski it!!! Love love love

• Baller
Than_Bogan I forgot all about my HP, too- and I was on it for like seven years. I loved that ski! Mine was a special layup they did for Cindy Todd- the story was that they made four skis for her and she was to keep two, a primary ski and a spare. Mine was one she thought was too stiff. I got it through Wayne Hanzel at Connelly and he had my signature from the order and it came with my signature on the fin instead of Mike Hazlewood's- I thought that was so cool, at least until it wore off. Years later, when the Pro Tour came to town, I was working at it and Wayne flex-tested it and is still matched the delivery numbers. He was amazed, as it had a LOT of sets on it.

• Baller

- O'Brien bandit. My first slalom that got me hooked and still have it for my son when he's ready, only ski I've ever kept

- HO A2 '11. Still have my pb on it, I don't think I could run the same buoys on it now, was aggressive and I ski smarter now!

- green vapor. Will never sell this ski.