Buttoned up for winter. You?

sunvalleylaw

• Baller

Winterized (using eco friendly antifreeze method for engine and heater core) for cold winters. Covered up with a "vent" :) Pallet and scrap wood will go, along with old tarps. May hang tarp from the beams on the side to prevent any drifting snow. Though normally there is none. Stored an old car under here last year with no real snow getting in. Bikes will get hung up in the garage, "tube" will get deflated and put away. Sad to see it go into storage but it is what it is. You guys winding down and buttoning up?

brlal8d4pdt5.jpg

div7smurome4.jpg

uf0khjg615az.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
Winterized 4 friend/family boats, one more of those to go this week. Hoping to get out on lake with mine tomorrow after work if the weather cooperates. Typically don't winterize ours until first week of Nov, but will depend on temps. Been between 33 and 73 the last couple weeks, weather can't decide this time of year.

• Baller

Not yet. NW Ohio.

Have one trailer bunk replacement carpeted and need to do the other one.

The air stapler works great!

Still need to pull buoys in. Maybe next weekend.

My friend in MI who had his hip replaced wintered his boat before surgery, so asked if I could tow mine up for the chicken run after Thanksgiving. My garage stays pretty warm, so will winterize on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

• Baller

Boat is still in the water but done skiing. Need to get her out in the next week.

@sunvalleylaw I store my boat outside next to my house without that great overhang that you have. Just a cover with a wood frame I built to support the snow. No problems and my boat is going on 14 years old.

• Baller_
90 air and 85 water this weekend in Houston. Today its 74 here and our water actually warmed up to 64 when I was gone. Maybe a set tonight if I can get out of work early. The boat is on the lift until I see some freeze warnings but looks good for the next week.

• Baller
Still skiing and having fun. I'll watch the extended forecast and when it looks like the lows will be in the low 30s and highs no better than low 40s, it's time to call it a season. Water is still around 55-60, so not bad in the drysuit. @MS probably still skis in a heater top in these temps.

• Supporting Member

No!!! :) Season best last night in fact, although perhaps that's not saying much with all the crazy stuff I've been doing this season.

Despite incredible weather today in MA, the end is nigh. Maybe we can get a little past Halloween this year, but usually it turns pretty nasty right around then. November 6 time change will bring the end even if the weather holds.

• Baller
@chrisroddy , unless something really weird happens, the resort will be open Thanksgiving day as nearly always! This early stuff will mostly melt off, but will stay in the shade, up high. We will get more in later October and November, and the snow guns will be on too, getting the groomer runs ready. Yep, time to wax up and prepare the other boards.

• Baller

Water's still 56 degrees. My ski partner pulled his last weekend, but we're still using my boat. We're pulling docks in about a week and a half. After that it gets less convenient, but I'll still have the ski boat available until the water temp makes it not feasible anymore to ski (about 34 :smile: ) Just drop the boat in the water, and pull the plugs when done. I'll winterize probably end of November unless it's unseasonably warm.

I'm in Minnesota.

@sunvalleylaw, nice lean to. The PAC. N.w is pretty mild during winters. Good free skiing on the bigger lake all winter, and course maintainence skiing on the membership lake. Always hoping to improve in the future. Good luck, and have fun.

Went out today and the boat decided that we were done for the year. Melted the engine down. Was a quick rebuild last winter of an old worn out motor, we are actually surprised it made it all summer. Going to put a nice fresh build in it over the winter anyways. Crying shame I didn't get to ski today thought as the weather is a beautiful 65 and sunny. I really need to find someone else with a boat around here.