There are now some Home Brew ads in the forum. It is an experiment.

Horton

• Baller

The site is fairly slow. Can you get it to load content before ads? Or at least tone down the graphics quality until the content is loaded?

The Home Brew ad is better than the banner ads because it is buried in the content so at least I'm getting somewhere before I see the ad.

Waterskiing in it's heyday was heavily sponsored by beer ads. No problem with beer ads here. What does it say about our sport that we now have to make our own beer (according to our sponsors)? At least our beer tastes better now.

Eric

• Administrators
@Than_Bogan I do very much appreciate the few members like you that do you throw a few dollars in the jar every month. Every little bit helps keep his website online.

• Administrators

@ozski steadily growing

bro10rt5cykp.png

Note: an annual measure of visitors is clearly not a good way to measure. No one believes that particular number is true

• Gold Member
"could care less" is one of those accidental evolutions of a phrase that technically doesn't make any sense. Some hard core grammarians like to get upset about it. But since people seem to know what it means, I don't care very much -- though I probably could care even less...

• Baller

I think grammatically speaking, "could care less" indicates virtually any level of caring above the minimum amount of how much you could care or a very wide range of how much you care, "could not care less" would suggest you have achieved the absolute minimum amount of caring you are capable of and would suggest an absolute value of how little you care.

Back to something close to the topic, @Horton, will this beer sponsor be present at the cash prize events going forwards?

• Administrators
@"Keith Menard" if you see anything you need from Home Brew Supply it would be cool if you would click the banner and then purchase. I do not really expect to leave those banners up long - This is just an experiment but it would be fun to see a transaction happen.

• Baller
I'm not a fan of ads inline with content. If you must do it, please just use static images. These ads that alternate (or loop through a series of) images are annoying. I have no issue with the left border ads (same objection to changing images though). I fully understand the need to advertise and that's okay with me. However, having worked on websites for many years, the number one complaint by far about our ads was movement, blinking, or pop up/drop down (basically anything that is designed to draw your attention away from the content you came to read). I know it's a difficult position, you want your click-through rate to go up, but you don't want to lose readers. At least you're getting opinions from the readers of your site and that's a good thing :smile:

• Baller

Ballers and beer. Seems legit.

I'm here for content. I see the ads. Occasionally, I have a need to purchase something, and I click on the add to get to the sponsor's site. As long as the sponsors stay relevant to our core needs, then no issue.

• Administrators
@Roger don't worry these ads are a short term thing. I do not actually sell banners in that space and HomeBrew is not really a advertiser. It is an affiliate campaign and generally speaking the only promotional deals that make sense on a site like this are from endemic advertisers. Every so often I have to poke around and see if something makes sense...