Which boat

LZywicki1

• Baller

I've been off this week, nasty bug and had some time to catch up on a couple other ski, boat sites. With every model year there is a lot of discussions about which boat has the best wakes, blah, blah, blah.

So my question is, If there was a way not to know which boat your skiing behind, would you be able to tell? I've been lucky to have skied all 4 manufactures that past 2 years. I'm not a great skier, on a good day a can get a couple at 28 off and I don't think I could tell.

Larry -----<|

• Baller
I didn't notice much on the Carbon Pros at the Austin BOS tournament. One of the early ones I skied behind had a decent bump at 22 or 28 can't remember but it surprised me the first time. The 2015 MC seemed pretty normal at 15 and 22 but at 28 I felt nothing, 1st time I pull way past the gates. The TXI's and 200 I don't notice much either. They're all pretty dang good these days. I tried a TXI at 15off at 30mph to see what it was like. It seemed narrower and taller than my RLX but not harsh at all.

• Baller

@ms first 200 I skied was the bomb from my 28 opener onward...it was the leaky Chris Parrish signed record boat. All since have gotten my attention at 28 opener. What's up with that?

I don't ski 22 how are the new boats there? My ski partner opens 22 so wake there is important for us collectively. He says my tsc1 is great at 22 and he was no fan of the txi there.

• Baller
Probably not. They all ski way better than the boats of the 80's and 90's. Horton I bet as software interactions with the gen 5 motor and zero off change/improve you may have a hard time differentiating them as well perhaps. The gen 5 motor itself is a great motor.

• Baller

I can PB behind any of them. When the boat rolls into the dock a tournament I am more curious about the engine than the wake.

The 200 wake is different in width and froth but not in a bad way, just different. My best score last season was behind a 200. I start at 32 so I am less sure about longer lines and slower speeds but the feedback I hear is the 200 wake is a bit bigger back there than the rest.