Where is Jamie Beauchesne !!!?????

Robert_Pigozzi

• Baller
Waterskiing's Bobby Fisher. I hope he reads these threads, and enjoys being a man of mystery. Truth is, if what Horton says is right, he's not. Less cool to think about though. Still love watching my old "Edged in Water" watching him ski. Dude was great, and now threads like these make him enigmatic....

• Baller
@RichardDoane I'm probably not doing it justice, but it boils down to when you are at your widest point on the pull out, instead of having the handle at your hip, kinda leave it on the inside a bit, toward the boat. And then when you initiate the turn, rip it. He says I was going at it to gingerly.

• Baller

Note that he got screwed 3 times in pro tournaments. Won the Men SL on the river in

Hartford, CT for his first pro event. And got paid all of $309. Then, the screwup en

France that cost him the World Record. Then, at Milwaukee for the Malibu Open, he had

thought he'd won, and had returned to shore. But, Will Asher got a reride (deserved,

but delayed), and won.

• Baller

Had the pleasure of watching him win the WWSP Tourney at Flushing Meadow Park in Queens, NY back in the day. My job was literally right down the block so i volunteered to help out. Drove the pick up boat in a couple of rounds as they didn't want skiers swimming to shore after a miss or fall due to debris etc.

• Baller

Ah yes. I worked that event. Think it was in 2005. We called it Flushing Toilet because of the

water quality. Lack of quality, that is. Other than that, it went off relatively well.

Bit of a disappointment as far as crowd size, as there was zero charge for admission.

• Baller
Its interesting that some people remain infected with the bug while others can make a clean break. I walked away in frustration for a full decade without withdrawal - none. Back skiing I have found my love for the sport again and passed on the bug to my 6 year old son who spends a lot of time skiing and watching skiing when he can't be on the water. Here in QLD we see quite few legends of the sport, Bruce & Mick Neville are on site at Ozski daily and those guys never strap on a ski.. On the other hand Steve Cockeram will trek over here during the NZ winter and run -39 so he still loves skiing. Jason Paredes turned up this time last year but did not ski here - although he did boot up and old KD at another site and ran some -32's and -35's I'm told.

• Baller
I've often wished for the "Sweet release" of not caring about this sport anymore. I'd have a lot more money, that's for sure, and my outlook on vacations, living arrangements, sea/land vehicles, and travel would change drastically. Can't seem to kick it. The opportunity cost in multiple boats, tow vehicles, ski vacations, etc. over the years is something I never want to tally. Easily a compounding six-figure, maybe seven, cost over a lifetime.