eclipse

eleeski

• Baller

I missed the eclipse! Hopefully some of you folks from the east or midwest got to see it.

There is also a comet at closest approach tonight. But I don't have setting circles on my crappy telescope and I don't think it's naked eye visible.

Stargazing is relevant to skiers as most ski lakes are in remote sites with nice dark skies. Plus it's fun and romantic.

Eric

• Baller

We need a late Nationals in Boise again. August 21 will be a very rare total solar eclipse. Idaho has the best projected weather along the path of totality. I'll have to try to get there for some skiing and this spectacular occurrence.

Check near you as the eclipse travels across the continental US. Worth seeing and we don't get many opportunities to see a total eclipse.

Eric

• Baller

We need a late Nationals in Boise again. August 21 will be a very rare total solar eclipse. Idaho has the best projected weather along the path of totality. I'll have to try to get there for some skiing and this spectacular occurrence.

Check near you as the eclipse travels across the continental US. Worth seeing and we don't get many opportunities to see a total eclipse.

Eric

• Baller

@eleeski I live in SE Idaho where the eclipse will be occurring. If you need a ski set while your here let me know and I can set you up. In fact one of the courses will be in the path of the total eclipse. How cool would that be to be skiing while in a solar eclipse.

@DaveLemons I think we should be on the water when the eclipse hits. I bet the boat launch will be a hot mess will all of the people....

Ski Site Location.