Daytona Beach Florida mid April

colo_skier

• Baller_
LaPoint Ski Park is about an hour away in beautiful downtown Orlando, and we would love to host you. The Clermont sites are about a half hour closer (Boris Laval, Swiss, Travers, Franz Oberlietner), but we tend to be less expensive at $30 a ride or $60 a lesson.

Lpskier

• Baller

Unfortunately I did not have all the free time I required and was unable to get to the boarding school. Maybe next time. I did however get to ski with lpskier at LaPoint's. As usual I skied my reasonably unimpressive ability and less. However everybody there was extremely nice, friendly and welcoming. The people there no how to ski and are very accommodating They have a very laid back atmosphere to the place and a great piece of water to ski on. I highly recommend that if you are in the Orlando area you visit the site and grab some sets if able. I wish I was in better ski shape and could thus perform better given the great site there. My thanks to John for hosting me and hope that Chris's leg heals quickly.

Here is a quick view of the site. This was with a considerable wind blowing from the North (direction your looking) and it was still easily ski-able. It is an 8 ball course which for me was the first time I had skied one. Odd at first but then irrelevant, I now know I can ski badly on an 8 or 6 ball course.

qtla1wws5dht.jpg

• Baller

Unfortunately I did not have all the free time I required and was unable to get to the boarding school. Maybe next time. I did however get to ski with lpskier at LaPoint's. As usual I skied my reasonably unimpressive ability and less. However everybody there was extremely nice, friendly and welcoming. The people there no how to ski and are very accommodating They have a very laid back atmosphere to the place and a great piece of water to ski on. I highly recommend that if you are in the Orlando area you visit the site and grab some sets if able. I wish I was in better ski shape and could thus perform better given the great site there. My thanks to John for hosting me and hope that Chris's leg heals quickly.

Here is a quick view of the site. This was with a considerable wind blowing from the North (direction your looking) and it was still easily ski-able. It is an 8 ball course which for me was the first time I had skied one. Odd at first but then irrelevant, I now know I can ski badly on an 8 or 6 ball course.

qtla1wws5dht.jpg

• Baller
Unfortunately I did not have enough free time to get to the boarding school. Hopefully next time. I do appreciate the offer though. I was able to ski with lpskier at LaPoints and as usual managed to ski remarkably impressively. I really need to make sure I am in ski shape and have more then 3 sets in 50 degree water under my belt before heading south to ski. Thank-you to John for putting up with my poor skiing. Everybody there was very welcoming and friendly and made it a really great place to throw down some sets. If you are in the Orlando area and get a chance to ski I would recommend contacting lpskier to see if they can accommodate some sets for you. The atmosphere there is very laid back and the level of skiing is really impressive (as long as I am not there). The site is really well wind protected so getting sets in was not a problem even with the strong winds. The course is an 8 ball course which was new to me but after a few passes was not an issue. I did however manage to prove that I can ski badly on both a 6 ball course and an 8 ball course. Thanks again to everyone that I met there and I hope that Chris's leg heals quickly and well. Here is a picture looking north with quite a good wind blowing from the direction the picture is looking at. The site as you can see is still really easily ski-able.