NAUTIQUE SWERVIN’ WEEKENDS

wtrskior

• Baller

8 stops around the USA.

https://goo.gl/as9nEE

Nautique is proud to bring to you a brand-new series of events for 2017 dubbed Nautique Swervin’ Weekends presented by HO Skis, USA Water Ski and AWSA (American Water Ski Association). Designed to expose people to waterskiing in a fun and laid-back environment, this 9-stop event series will visit lakes all around the US and will be pulled by the record-setting Ski Nautique 200. Completely free of charge for all participants that sign up, these USA Water Ski sanctioned events are aimed to bring everyone together to further the growth of waterskiing all around the country.

A Nautique pro waterskier will be in attendance at each event to provide tips, help teach newcomers how to waterski and showcase just how much fun waterskiing is. Lunch and snacks will be provided free of charge to all participants, but space is limited for each event so sign up quickly.

Support for Nautique Swervin’ Weekends is also brought to us by HO Skis. HO will be on-hand during each event with brand-new gear for everyone to try out and demo. Skis, vests, gloves, ropes, handles and much more will all be made available to make sure everyone can get out on the water and have fun. Not only will HO be providing any gear you’d like to try, but they’re also picking up the bill for your USA Water Ski membership for the day as well. With support from HO, USA Water Ski and the AWSA, the Nautique Swervin’ Weekends is set up to be a free event you won’t want to miss!

https://goo.gl/as9nEE

• Baller
Nautique Swervin is at our home site this weekend. Got to ski and received some great coaching from @NateSmith43. There were some first time skiers. Shout out for all involved for a great event.

• Baller

We had Scott Ellis out for the Northern California stop over the weekend. Also a class act. Spent all day in the boat working with individuals from course skiers to beginners.

This was a great event to promote watersking. We had three kids who had never skied before over the weekend. One of the little girls popped up her first time. HO had a bunch of skis and vests for all levels to to try.

Big thank you to Nautique and HO for putting the event together to promote fun on the water.

• Baller
This is probably one of the better ways to keep the sport alive, IMO. It would be awesome if this could be done by all of the manufacturers on a consistent basis. Build momentum and continue to utilize that momentum over time.

• Baller

I agree @skinut It surprised me there were no comments on this until now. When I was just starting out in this sport 20-30 years ago our local organizing association had a boat and 2 coaches who traveled around doing clinics like this.

• Baller

This is the first year for Nautique to put this together, so we are all learning. I know I didn't know what to expect helping out this year. Our first day was on Folsom lake and we had to figure out how to get people out to the cove we were skiing. All the people braved some cooler/windy weather on Saturday.

I believe Nautique's plan is to have more stops next year.

Check out the Nautique website under events to see if there is one in your area. I talked to a few people at my work and they came out with their kids. As @skinut said, great way to promote the sport.

Best thing I heard on Saturday was from the mom of a couple of the first timers as they were leaving said the kids asked when they could go buy some ski gear and a ski boat.

• Baller
swervin weekends are a great way to introduce skiing to a family. With tips from the athletes and knowledgeable promo persons to answer questions about the boats or skiing in general is huge for Nautique and the sport of skiing

• Baller

@wtrskior sounds awesome. I'm going to try an get to McClintock's a couple times this season. If Jmac or Whit are around you know it will be swervin' weekend!!

Was hoping to drop the boat in this weekend but water levels are still insane. Not sure if May 24 is even going to happen...Will have to go to Bush's to run. That's whats making the NC weekend look even better! Plus its Breanne Dodd! :)

• Baller
There are still a few slots open for the June 10-11 sessions at Lake of Dreams in the St. Louis area. Free skiing, free coaching, free lunch, behind a brand new Ski Nautique 200 on a pristine private site. Definite win-win for everyone and thanks to Nautique and HO for making it happen! Sign up HERE.