The start of season?

oldjeep

• Baller
@Web the meaning of the word is "You fish on your side of the river, I'll fish on my side of the river, and nobody fishes in the middle". I believe it is the longest word in the Cherokee language. I was taught it by an school science teacher in 6th grade. So I taught it to my 2 girls when they were young. They were never quite sure it was real until they saw it used on an episode of Gillmore Girls. My credibility went way up after that.

• Baller
My boat guy said he did not advise de-winterizing yet. It is getting to the mid 20's at night here still. So may have to hold off another week or so. I got a new wetsuit, so am getting anxious to get out there. Which accounts for all my activity here. Too much keyboard time, not enough boat time.

• Baller

Four very short sets since April 21...drysuit in all of them so far. Not that I ski that well mid season, but the way i ski now it's a stretch to even think i could get there eventually...good news is it happens this way every year so it minimizes my level of current "depression"...actually it is a blast just to be back in the water.

Looking forward to having @Chef23 coming over to drive and enjoy an outing with me...soon.

• Baller

6 weeks later then originally planned but FINALLY got the course out of the weeds and straightened. The S.Alberta wind and crew availability has really made things a challenge.

Skied my first in-course set of the year last night at sundown and I've been smiling ear to ear since. I've got some coaching lined up in July and was starting to think I wasn't going to even see the course before that.

Better late then never!!