New ski that wasn't meant to be

Glock

• Baller

Expressing my anger and frustration.

I was so excited to receive my brand new D3 Arc-S yesterday. First new ski for me in five years. Fedex said it was delivered yesterday at noon, but I don't have it. Thinking someone swiped it off my front porch. So pissed off right now.

• Baller
I'm about to cry right now. The sun is finally supposed to make an appearance here in Oregon this weekend. I had plans to ski it this weekend. Hopefully something positive happens and it either shows up or fedex does something to make it right.

• Baller
Did you call Fedex? They're always doing stuff like that with me. It's usually across the street or about a mile up the road. The can contact the driver, he'll probably remember. UPS always has the same driver but Fedex is always different here and the addresses on my street or confusing.

• Baller_
Look all around the house. I once had something delivered to the back garage door that we can't see easily and rarely use or walk near. Hope you get it resolved quickly.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I've had a few incidences of where FedEx claimed to deliver an item but not actually put it on my porch. Then about 2 days later it shows up, but you did right filing a claim.

Supposedly some driver will mark items delivered to improve their route times. Then they drop it off when they are closer to your location or on a day they have more time.

It does suck, the claim process is about 2 weeks. I've had a few skis stomped on and damaged by FedEx.

• Baller
@Glock , I hope you used a credit card when paying for it, gives you some sort of protection, people cannot just leave stuff on the porch and walk away without a signature, I know this sounds a bit of a longshot but have you asked around the Neighbours, just in case one of them signed and took it in for you.

Some people are not aware that their credit card (depending on the card you used) includes 90 day "purchase protection". In that case anything that happens to your purchase within the first 90 days is fully covered. Lost, stolen, broken, set on fire - absolutely anything that happens even if you did it intentionally yourself are all covered. Check your card coverage and good luck.

• Baller
@Glock who did you buy it from? Your first recourse is to go back to who you got it from. Its on them to help you communicate with Fedex...or whomever the shipper was. If you have signed a release to allow them to drop packages at your door...might be a bit harder, but I know with Fedex....we can push to get them to try and help. Last resort is disputing the charge with your credit card company...getting them involved. People always ask that we put the "No Signature Required"...but on items over $500 its just not worth the risk on our end...that said...start with the company who shipped it with you. If for some reason it was us...PM me here. I'll go to work on it.

• Baller

Had a $3500 set of bike wheels show as delivered a few months ago. But nada. Turns out they had been delivered two doors down and were sitting behind my neighbors front porch column. Since we all use our back doors no one noticed until a few days went by. All is not lost!

• Baller
So...... I finally got my ski. The original ski was never found, but Kyle at Wiley's replaced it and made it right. Its really nice to do business with a standup company. I'm sure everyone in this community in the PNW knows about Wiley's, but if you don't, they are good guys that know how to talk about skiing and how to take care of customers.

• Baller
A couple years ago I was visiting my sister and her family in Seattle. She asks me where I want to go site seeing. I give her the address for Wiley's and ask her to take my picture in front of the store. She said she is sure I'm nuts now!

• Baller
I'm about 200lbs and 6'3". I skied stock settings with the bindings slightly forward, about 1/4". It was my first ride on the ski but it dealt really good, coming off an Ho s2. Hoping to see some new line lengths this summer.

• Baller
@glock, I am not sure about this particular ski, but I have owned several different 68"ers over the years, and when I hit 220 @34mph they all seem to get pretty sluggish. I really like to be closer to 210 and better still 200 on a 68"er @34mph.