Pending new world record

RPT

• Baller
@RazorRoss3 Thats how I read it. If you compare to Masters in the same screen shot you can see 2 Rounds of R which includes 2 rounds of Cash Prize. If we read it the same way for Swiss. It is 2 Rounds of R and 1 of those rounds is Cash Prize. The 3rd/Finals round does not seem to be sanctioned at all as F/C/E/L/R or even Cash prize. It is confusing for sure.

• Baller
@RazorRoss3 that is where I see the possibility of the score getting submitted. Either all the skiers from Round 1 or 2 do not get their score in the books and the 3rd round goes in the books with Nate's record submission. Either way someone gets hosed. Hopefully wiser people in the sport make the correct call. I do not know the right answer.

• Baller
I love seeing how fired up @Chad_Scott got driving that pass for Nate. He was genuinely proud and excited for him and to be a part of it.Thats one of the cool things about this sport that isn't talked about much; but the support system is long and wide

• Baller

@RazorRoss3 Not exactly. See the rule below. I think you are thinking of the rule that limits the number of sanctions per site per day/weekend. I can't member that exact rule off the top of my head.

AWSA Rule 15.02

F. 1. The maximum number of rounds, which can count for the IWWF rankings

list or records, is limited to four (in each of slalom, trick and jump) at any one

competition – meaning consecutive days at the same site.

IWWF - WORLD RANKING LIST DESCRIPTION AND SCHEDULE

The ranking is based on the average of each skiers' two best scores from two separate tournaments and two separate sites. Only one score in each event is considered from each tournament. Each

IWWF Federation sanctions Record Capability or World Standings List tournaments from which

the performances are taken

• Baller
Thanks @MattP, that must be it. I just remember seeing some pros at 6 round weekends this year who would ski the first 2 rounds and then skip the 3rd both days. The 4 limit in any given weekend would explain that behavior since you wouldn't want to take all 3 rounds day 1 and then have only 1 round to put up a score day 2. So with that in mind there should be no problem with having 3 rounds of L/R go into the books assuming that the 3rd round (the final) was sanctioned. I haven't sanctioned an event in several years and even when I did they were all class C so I'm curious, is "$" one of the available classes? Is it Grass Roots, C, L/R, $ or is "$" an add on to the traditional classes like C, C$, L/R, L$/R$?

• Supporting Member

CONGRATS NATE!

A little bit aside but relating to the last two comments: People forget how hard it is to show that something is impossible. They mistake "I can't see the way to do it" with "impossible." Totally different animals.

In fact, I use it as a tool occasionally. I set out to prove that something is impossible, and then I focus in on the parts of my "proof" that sound weak or hand-wavy -- they are where the "how to do it" can usually be found!

• Baller
There is a difference between "impossible for me" and impossible in general. I would agree my odds of 3@43 are slim (virtually none), but Nate just did it so clearly not impossible. I would also say that my odds of running 43 are slim (none) but I would never say it can't be done. There's some freak of nature athlete out there who will do it one day.

• Baller

3@43 just adds another 1/2 ball to the impossible that is what us mere mortals can aspire to.

Not alone thinking this,... Where is the video of this awesome performance?

Towboat, magazine, Random iPhone from the shore ???

Anyone?,...

Anyone?,...

• Baller
I think the sheer number of -41's and the way he runs them puts Nate in his own class. Right now he's the one getting the most shots at -43 and he's the guy that everyone is trying to work out..

• Baller

I watched all three rounds where everybody struggled and fought to get more than just few buoys at 41. Nate stroked it easily and I do mean easily ALL THREE ROUNDS. Then he rips off a 3@43??!!!

Like I said in a class of his own, period!

• Baller
In my view, Nate is like Mapple was in the late 80s and 90s. He is dominant. Sure, other guys get a piece every now and then, but he's the eagle soaring in the sky and the others are the blackbirds pestering him. Wasn't Moomba his first big tourney after his ankle injury? I'm excited to see Parrish back; should be an interesting and exciting summer!

• Baller
I think we can agree Nate is incredible, and in his career incredibly consistent. More 41s than everyone else combined. That is not to degrade the skills of the rest of the field - these guys are all incredible. Can he be beat on any given Sunday? Sure. Is he the best skier out there in the men's field right now. Yes.

• Baller
He's not human..kryptonite! Cannot comprehend! There are others too right in his rear view mirror but fior now he's the dominant leader may end up surpassing Mapple's domination but it will take years to see if he can hold on to #1 spot for another how many years to match Andy?!

• Baller_
Few of us were better then half way down the course watching and in the second round we watched Nate run his 38 with a bit of a bobble (for him) at 2 ball. Then he ran the cleanest 39 and we all commented how his 39 looked way better then his 38. Then he only got 1 at 41. About 30 seconds later we (not being able to hear the announcing) figured out that it was NOT a 38 bobbled at 2 ball. Minds blown...