Any slalom courses near or on Big Lake MN

Wish

• Baller
I do not know of any in that area.There used to be a course on the Briggs chain of lakes off why 25 which would be north of Big Lake,however, not sure if it is still there.Trophy lakes in Center City and New Germany would have a course however they are north and west of the Twin Cities.

• Baller

If you find any let me know please. I've considered moving that way several times, but the abundance of courses in the SW metro keep me here. I work in Elk River so I would love to find a few ski partners there.

The one on Rice Lake is in. I drive past it on my way to work. Never seen it used, but it went in about 2-3 weeks ago.

• Baller

Which rice lake is this, the one in Stearns county?

rice lake Stearns

Never mind, it is that little pond in Maple Grove that we used to jump our bikes into when I was a kid. No public launch for motor boats, only carry in boats.

ricelake.homestead.com/Old_RLAA_index.html

Says the course is owned by a ski club

May 1, 2017 - Slalom Course has been set up for the season

The resident ski club has put out the course in a similar location as last year on the north side of the uninhabited peninsula.The club typically uses the course in the early morning hours when the weather is calm.

• Baller_
I emailed the Rice Lake Area Association in hopes that they can put me in touch with that ski club. Rice is 30mn from BL so that would be ideal. If anyone have a contact for that club please PM me.

• Baller_

@Mickski that's only 32mn away. I'll take u up on that offer. MUCH appreciated.

No contact from the Rice Lake folks after reaching out. Will keep my fingers crossed and try again at some point.

So after being at the folks for several days and pontooning around and around just lookn for that one ski boat that's just gotta be there...and boom, out from under a covered boat lift peaked a MC Sportster. Must have pontooned by it 5x and never saw it tucked up under that cover. After nervously knocking on their door, the next thing I know I'm using this generous skiers vest, ski, rope boat and having an absolute blast free skiing and driving for him as well. No course but the time on the water was outstanding.

x7vvn6vf2b2l.png

j7ymed94tv6o.png

• Baller_
@Mayhem to be honest after touring the folks lake over and over, I was convinced there were no ski boats on the lake. Hardly any wake boats. Like 95% pontoons. Was glad to find one. Free skiing is great and I gain a lot from it but am a buoy head for sure and willing to drive a bit to find a course.

@Wish oops. Meant to type Clearwater as I'm off of CO rd 8, but we are still in the vicinity. I ride bike past lake Briggs & always busy by my eye. No course that I've been able to see from the road.

Id love to get set up ~20min from home or less. One of those lakes bound by Clearwater, Clear Lake & Saint cloud?

• Baller
@Wish, if you're heading to Big Lake from the airport, give me a call and we'll give you a pull- it is on the way. My skiing is defiling your former board, but even though my performance is stuck in a horrible rut, I love that ski.