Looking for Critique

xrated

• Baller

So this year I have been making a strong effort to lock into my lean more often and also to quit relying on my back foot to drive the ski. Lack of a tired and sore back leg knee tells me I am doing better and on occasion it lets me know when I am getting tired or lazy.

Gotten a few pointers from one ski partner but always looking for more. His last advice was to work on getting wider, which I have been trying to do since this video from earlier this week. So coach away.....

32 mph and 28 off (for no real reason than it is smoother than my normal 22 and is eliminating one more thing that I don't have to think about)

• Baller
You've got a very straight front leg and a very bent rear leg, meaning your hips can only be back. Work on fore-aft balance more with flexing your ankles forward. You can do this on dry land. Stand with your feet in slalom alignment, then bend your knees. What happens to your hips? Then do the same thing, flex your ankles forward. Your knees will flex to keep you upright, but your center of mass will stay centered over both feet. This is the feeling you should try to replicate on the ski from your initial pullout through the entire pass. Easier said than done, but the best way I've heard of to keep "hips up" but "knees bent."

• Baller
Thanks @UWSkier that is something I've been struggling with for years. Without digging up old video I think I've gotten better but that was the first thing I noticed once I was in the boat. My butt sticks out like a bad instagram model.