Probuilds, are the new Radars delicate?

iceboating

• Baller

My wife was getting ready to ski yesterday and noticed the top of the ski was cracking. To our surprise the top is separating from the side in two places. The area near the front boot is by far the worst and the area on the tip looks like it is just starting to separate. This ski has been handled with TLC and is her 3rd radar. Never had this problem before and not sure what to do? Any thoughts?dudit6siljso.jpg

c5q7qa6pimne.jpg

• Industry Professional
Hey @iceboating so sorry to see you're having an issue, definitely not something we see often. Please reach out to me at brooks@squareoneco.com or Trevor at Warranty@squareoneco.com and we'll get you right. Thanks

• Baller

Radar has been nothing but 100% behind their products, from every issue I've ever seen. That's one big reason I'm on a 17 Vapor, and will likely be on an 18 soon.

The PMI is supposed to be even stronger/more durable/less breakdown whatever you want to call it than previous materials, even PVC.

• Baller

@iceboating, I'm a DN sailor myself. There are a lot of parallels with skiing.

The great thing is you get to use your lake year around. I'm in southern MI so some years we get quite a few days of good sailing.575rr2bgnb0v.jpg

I have a Pro Build and mine started doing the same thing. I contacted radar and they handled the situation right away. It was all taken care of in less than 4 hours from my initial email. So easy to deal with; they will make it right!

• Baller
All these positive experiences are great but they are starting to make me feel bad. Maybe it is just me? A year ago we ordered my wife a new Lithium Vapor from a dealer online. They asked what type of skier she was and would set the fin up accordingly. Awsome! Ski arrived and looked great, we put her bindings on and went skiing. First pass she made her turn in for the gates and went down hard. Tried again but this time she saved her self from falling. Took a look at the fin and it was set up way off the recomended #'s. Went to adjust it but found the adjusting set screws did not move freely and the fin was tight in the fin slot. Took it all apart and found that it was the newest style fin block and the set screws crushed the top surface of the ski, top surface should have been counter sunk. Cleaned that mess up and went skiing again. Ski worked better but still unstable.... Ended up sending the ski back to Radar. Report came back ski was out of tolerance in rocker and flex and will send a new one, only problem new model year skis were coming out and they didn't have anything for us. They did give us a choice to replace with LV or move up to the Probuild with a small fee. We opted for the pro. We waited and waited while friends were receiving their new Probuilds. I begged to get the ski before our fall ski vacation with no luck. When we returned from our trip the ski had arrived. Opened the box to discover they sent us a ski with a significant blem. I was really disappointed. Any way the ski skied well until now. The blem ski is seperating. Radar got back to me last night and their initial impression from the photos is the ski might have hit something. I don't blame them for that because I would draw that same conclusion as well. Skis get knocked around no matter how careful we are with them and I can't be certain. But it is separating in two spots so who knows. Even if they said to send it back I would decline because we already have way to much $ in this thing and it's time to go our seperate ways.

• Baller

The damage looks cosmetic to me but it's hard to tell from the photos. I have seen another ski with an issue like that (might not have been a Radar) and it was just the graphic skin. Some JB Weld, masking tape and careful clamping took care of that.

Keep it out of the sun - always. Black carbon quickly solar heats to 170F + and will affect epoxy. Always keep it in a ski sock or ski bag.

On second thought, the ski is ruined. Send it to me for proper disposal - in the ski bag, of course.

Eric