Name this skier

Horton

• Baller

I think that is on Greenlake in Seattle. *Googles* Yep, that was probably Greenlake. No idea who the skier would have been. From the Lake Sammamish Water Ski Club History page:

The Northwest Water Ski Federation was formed, with the first few presidents being members of LSWSC. In 1961, the club was asked to co-sponsor the Seafair tournament on Greenlake with Greater Seattle, Inc. This association continued for over 20 years.

The club sponsored the Western in 1961 and 1967. The 1972 Nationals at Greenlake and the 1974 Regionals at O’Brien Lake were also club events. Many of our competitive skiers achieve state, regional and national recognition for setting new records in slalom, tricks and jumping.

Lake Sammamish History

• Baller

Well, maybe 1972 Nationals. Ramp doesn't look high/steep enough for it to be 6 feet??

Note the US Team bathing suit. Kempton, Suyderhoud? Grimditch and Bob LaPoint fought

it out in Boys Jump, with Wayne setting a National Record of 134' in a strong tail wind.

Later tied by Chris Redmond in 1973, but not exceeded until 1975.

• Baller
Wicked good jumping. I skied with Mike in Shasta a couple times. Steered me to the Water Skiers of Marin club and Berkeley. Told a funny story about the first and only "rock re-ride" at a nationals warm up tourney at Jud Spencer's in Owego, NY. Needless to say fenominal wisdom and coaching!

• Baller
We flew Mike out to our lake for a weekend of ski clinics, he was great to work with and an easy house guest with great stories from his tournament days. Mike was just getting started with the West Coast Slalom style and his excitement was contagious.