WANT TO GO FROM CRUISE CONTROL TO PERFECT PASS

MuskokaKy

• Baller

Hey Ballers,

I know there have been threads before regarding the installation of PP but couldn't seem to find them so thought id ask again.

So, 2007 Moomba outback DD; currently with Moomba cruise control. Now the boat did have an option for PP that year but wasn't chosen. Since PP was an option does that mean its an easy install for my certified marina? Anyone know the cost for PP and where I would grab it...or go through my marina? Any advice would be great.

• Baller
I have the 2007 Moomba Mobius LS which is a direct drive. It too came with the Moomba cruise which is worthless. I installed PP Stargazer on it. You can purchase it directly from PP. Just go to their website. They even have a faceplate that says Moomba on it. I did not do it myself. I purchased it from PP and then had someone, a boat mechanic who knew what they were doing, install it. So I'm sorry but I can't give you any advice on how to install it.

• Baller

I don't have a Moomba but from my understanding the installation of PP is pretty straight forward and anyone with basic mechanical abilities can do it without too much trouble. On top of that their Customer Service is top notch in case you run into any issues.

Is your boat DBW or mechanical? If its DBW it might be an easier plug and play.

• Baller
Email Gary at perfect pass, He will hook you up. Super easy install, I just did it and took me a few hours. Only hard part was snaking the servo wire from the motor to the helm. I have a 196 and the heater hoses got in the way, your boat may not be as hard.

• Baller

If you do have throttle by wire, you might take a peak at your engine's ECM to see if it was made by Econtrol; you might be able to just bypass perfect pass and get zero off, which I've heard is much less finicky. See this thread for similar question Link

• Baller

@Lars the latest version of stargazer 9 with zbox is not finicky at all. It has an autocal feature you don't even need to Map a Course (but should to get all buoy virtual timing). Set it and forget it. Way better than previous versions and very very similar to zerooff pull.

Obviously if the moomba has the Excalibur motor I'd be putting zo in it. Kinda doubt it has that motor though and 06 was before zerooff

• Baller
Just installed PP StarGazer in my boat. 92 Ski Centurion Bare Foot Warrior with a new 200hp Mercury Pro S/X. Best thing I've ever done. That nice smooth pull that doesn't try to over power you and end course times +/- .02 Easy to install and having fun again.

Ernie Schlager