STOLEN!!!!!

DmaxJC_ski

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to being great people, the owners run one of the only nautique dealerships in western Canada. They maintain, and winterize Many of our ski boats. They also sponsor events like the Canadian open, which part in thanks to them, was able to draw the likes of Nate Smith to ski in front of us local mortals. I could go on.

And this is $800k of their product. IMO an issue well worth sharing on our form in hopes it may help them ... Rather than "Meh."

This might be same group they stole yamaha outboards quarter mill worth came in dealer had there own fork truck ran out of propane and took the dealers fork truck to finish took them right off boats months later they hit Malibu dealer climbed the poles put blankets over lights took all there yamaha off now they park a dozer in frt gate every night.

• Baller
What I find crazy is they spent 2 1/2 hours in the yard arranging boats un noticed, unfortunately with our economy and dollar being in the toilet for going on 3 years stuff like this isn't uncommon, petty theft to grand theft. I've had my welding cables cut off my truck so they can strip it and sell the copper, had the emergency breakaway battery stolen from my car trailer out on my farm. Atv's , snowmobiles you name it. Now this may be on a lot larger scale of crime, but then again you never know what someone will do to pay the mortgage so they have a roof over their head for another month either.

• Baller
This seems a lot more than someone trying to pay the bills. You come with 4 trucks capable of towing a G23 on a triple trailer and clearly some sort of plan to get rid of them since you took 4. Likely headed for containers somewhere to ship over seas. Hard part to believe is that the RCMP can't find a caravan of boats those colors headed down the highway. Lots of people had to notice that train.

• Baller_

They were probably on a ship heading overseas within 24 hours.

A friend had a year old 200 stolen in Aspen, Colorado a few years ago. As far as I know, it was never recovered. Some Russian (or where ever stolen boats go, maybe Asia) is probably skiing behind it now.

Lpskier

• Baller
Due to the dollar value involved and the volume, it wasn't a fly by night , if you'll pardon the expression, operation. They're not trying to peddle them at the flea market this weekend. The had a buyer or at least a "broker" already involved. Most likely the didn't take the same route so as not to attract attention. Luxury cars disappear like that and obviously end up over seas, where no one cares about registration or serial numbers. If you need service you just put in an order for another one to be stolen.

• Baller
Canada is getting pretty notorious for this on the snowmobile forums as well. Guys will have full enclosed trailers with multiple sleds boosted right out of hotel lots if the rig isn't parked in such a way to prevent them getting another truck closeby. God forbid you ever disconnect your truck from your trailer to drive into town to grab a bite or some provisions...

• Administrators

Haaa the most dislikes of ever had on my own website! Sometimes I do have to remind you guys this is a slalom oriented tournament water ski website. For those of you actually irritated by my original comment have a little sense of humor.

I agree that this is an amazing caper. If these guys ever get caught I think the story will be pretty darn interesting.

• Administrators
@"Mateo Vargas" Yes @ColeGiacopuzzi and I were just talking about that. This is really like a jewel or bank robbery. These guy must be sophisticated big time players or... Coen Brothers character level screw ups.

• Administrators
@klindy but don't they have to go in the container and put on a truck before they can get to a port. It's a wide load for regular semi I think.

• Baller
If they were spotted east of Winnipeg, they would have to be shipping off the east coast which would take them 2-3 days from Edmonton, and I would think they wouldn't fit in a container. Not to mention there would have to be some dirty shipping/border types working on this deal also, how the hell would it go unnoticed? Many many layers possible to this deal that's for sure. It would be awesome to have them busted red handed that's for sure. 200k in possession should net a few days in the clink.

• Baller
Last report i heard is that 3 G23's were spotted within an hour of each other in the middle of the night on the Trans Canada highway east of Winnipeg. The 4th boat was in shrink wrap so does not stick out as much. Maybe heading to Thunder Bay to ship out of country?? Northern Ontario is a big empty place and lots of places to hide 4 boats till things cool off. Wizard Lake Marine is good supporter of local waterski clubs, this will hurt them!

• Baller
On the gulf coast we had the same type deal, one night. Stole 3 Yamaha 250's or 300's off a couple boats and a 32' center console, and maybe another boat, but I don't remember the specifics. Does sound like the same type of deal. I would not be at all surprised to find that all were the same crew. Even so far apart. The money makes the distance make sense. My Prostar has a 1911 and a 308 bull barrel surveillance camera.

• Baller
We vacationed for years for 2 weeks at rented cabins in Wisconsin in the summer driving from Iowa. I was only a kid but insisted on parking arrangements with our vehicles that would enclose the boat attached to our tow rig at the time. I think my relatives thought I was nuts. My thinking was that it would be SO easy to swap our trailer onto their trailer hitch and drive away...in that case taking our boat and all of the stuff we packed into it to double as a travel trailer for vacation. Would have been like the Grinch stealing Christmas.

• Baller
@cruznski I think it boils down to how far do you go with it and why should you have to?? I stopped in at wizard today and the events that played out were... let's say very thought out and in depth. The thiefs were very respectful with the other boats as no other damages were done as they were moving things around etc, the alarm company dropped the ball..(hmmm shocking) 3 boats are suspected in the Winnipeg area, 1 was spotted heAded west toward the coast. Sounds like a very in depth/extensive investigation is happening, looking at footage from the past week at people who would have been looking at boats, as there was a couple guys looking in the previous week, as well as the security company. The boats won't fit in a sea can either without drastic measures.

• Baller
no doubt they are headed for Quebec. To anyone on this site never buy a boat from Quebec. You can never check there system as they don't share that info with the rest of Canada. They sell/ wash stolen boats like its going out of style. If you haven't found them now they are gone there and good luck getting them back. on the look out in Muskoka here. I have sent the pics to everyone up here and we know almost all the G's up here. specially if its a 2018. that's a Million dollars MSRP Canadian. If they keep them in Ontario you can guarantee you will be getting them back. :) eyes peeled for the next year for them. They may stash them til season fires up again next year too.

• Baller
P.S. grew up in a cop family but we have added a gps trackers to our boats ( and bikes and cars) that no one will find without completely stripping it. runs on watch batteries and has never failed. we change the batteries every 6 months to be safe but it can last much longer. They are the size of a thumb nail approx.

• Baller
@Andre Quebec is a greasy as poutine! Don't get me wrong a crack head mayor is messed up but how many Mayors did Montreal have in a year or so all kicked out over corruption...no Quebec is great!!not crooked at all! not to mention their driving skills! LMAO. don't worry though you guys are about to have 4 brand new G's for half price!

• Baller
@aupatking youre right. I just want to congratulate you guys on 12,000...No thats not a USA trick score, that's how many murders you guys have so far this year. If that doesn't say you guys are the problem i dont know what does. @horton i hope i get a like from you on this one. :D God Bless Amurica. You guys really need it.