STOLEN!!!!!

DmaxJC_ski

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
@MuskokaKy If you want to get into an actual political debate it is interesting but not on this site. I do not know or care why you are quoting murder rates but those arguments are off topic on this site.

• Baller
Ordinarily it is a source of great pleasure to visit BOS for its rich tapestry of great insight into a fantastic sport whether beginner or short liner, gentle humour and experiences shared with friends. On this occasion it has not been. I am with @slow

• Administrators
Ok just back ok topic.... I've said it before and I'll say it again this robbery is fascinating not because it's boats but because it's daring

• Administrators
Everyone thinks it is funny to make fun of jetskis and bass boats but I get a record amount of dislikes for picking on wakeboarders? You are all banned :)

• Administrators
The wake and surf industry are extremely profitable. I would guess there's substantially more profit in the Wake boats then bass boats.

• Baller
Certainly per boat there is a lot more profit. How that impacts an individual dealer vs a large chain, hard to say. That has a lot to do with their insurance. Certainly wake boarders and surfers are a major annoyance to skiers, but I guess overall skiers will have more sympathy for a Nautique dealer than Bass Pro, or the local yamaha dealer. $1M is a lot of money for an individual dealer.

• Baller
I'd say that the fishing boat industry far exceeds that of the wakeboard industry. Any day of the week I see fishing boats of some description on the road. I don't, but do any of you know the cost of a fully equipped Ranger bass boat? The outboard engine alone costs in the tens of thousands, and they sell a lot of them.

• Baller
We have a local Skeeter dealer right up the street from our MC lot. They're loaded with inventory, and their bass boats are priced right up there with a decked Prostar...if not more. I bet they have 30 to 40 new, high-end bass/walleye boats on the lot at any given time. Fishing is big business.

• Baller

Gentlemen - I have enjoyed reading and checking in on this thread and the one thing that stands out to me is that surf/wakeboard boaters have no idea about water etiquette no matter which lake or what country they live in. I am not talking about 1 pm when there are countless boats and the lake has turned to what I call waffle water. I am speaking about getting out at 6 am for the only possible chance for a ski only to have THAT guy with his surf boat - ballast tanks full = ripping around on the water like a jet ski and now ruining the water for the day. I think if the dealers had every new owner sit down and read a document explaining the simple rules of sharing the water, we skiers might learn to accept this sport of surfing which is very much here to stay till the next big thing comes around. Blessed are those with a private lake.

As for the topic at had, I for one am not surprised it has not happened before. At the price of these boats you would have to steal three cars to equal one boat. Bigger bang for the buck you might say.

Unfortunately I do not have much sympathy for the dealer after waking into their Kelowna location looking for some parts for my beloved 1997 bubble back only to get told by staff that I need to get with the times and buy a real boat while pointing at a surf boat. This coming from a Nautique dealer? Kinda explains the lack of etiquette.

• Baller_
Hard to hide but just how hard are they being looked for.? It's a toy and not one typically owned by the middle class, rather the much wealthier among us. Doubt there is much sympathy for the loss with the general public other then the few in the know and it's affect on the dealer and on up that food chain.

• Baller
@S1Pitts - Everyone is someone else's pain in the rear. The skier irritates the fisherman that he is running back and forth beside. The wakeboarder/surfer woke up just as early because they had to get to work in the morning too and enjoy some early morning exercise. Heck for me the pain in the rear is usually the skier who insists on making laps around the lake rather than buttonhole turns. Now if tubers start getting up at 6am we have a problem ;)

• Baller
@Wish - pretty easy to hide anywhere but the highway. Once they get them to a pole barn somewhere then there isn't much chance anyone would see them. And it isn't exactly rocket science to paint the trailers and spray some new gel or just wrap the boats.

• Baller
In light of @S1Pitts comments, I take back any perceived defense of this nautique dealer. My greatest fear is the stolen boats eventually find there way to florida, adding to the already booming wakeboard/surf boat population on the central florida lakes. Not that it would make any difference to the number of those type boats already churning up the lakes, but every bit helps.....keep them in Canada. I'll take fisherman anytime..... and usually the jet skis pass through and leave.

• Baller

@S1Pitts You can also go to a popular Nautique forum and read the comments of surfers regarding wake nuisance and shoreline erosion. 95% of them couldn't care less. Here's a real post, responding to someone not wanting their shoreline wrecked...

"I'm tired of watching our shoreline get trashed." I live on the lake and I can tell you that some of the houses are too low and some are just fine. And I am tired of your excuse. My point is get over yourself. Your house is too low. Build a better wall or sell your house.

• Baller

As you setup for the slalom course, there is nothing more dis_heartning than seeing what, I can only describe as a mini cruiser coming down the lake, music blaring out from numerous speakers, not sure if it is for the benifit of the guy on the water or the people in the boat, to me the whole thing looks like one of those fire boats, going full bore, with all water canons operational, creating huge amounts of spray, it all seems a lot of commotion about nothing.

So who has got the Biggest/Loudest boat on the lake, do I care , NO!

Thats why I am a Water Skier who respects others, I prefer to compete against bouy,s not other boats.