Looking for input on 2018 Radar Lyric

Caddyman

Hi all,

New to the site, from Canada, west coast. A girl I ski with is looking at the 2018 Radar Lyric, 65". She is on an older 64" KD product. No course skiing right now, just free skiing at 30mph. Has anyone skied one and if so, what about some feedback on edge holding, stability, acceleration etc... I have heard nothing on them really. Though the latest incarnation seems a little more serious. Feedback please if you have some.

Thx...

• Baller

@caddyman Lyric is an awesome ski. The ladies seem to love it and it has a mass following now. I know a few girls and wives on here ride them. I know @Shell has last years ( not sure what they changed on it this year) so she would be a great contact. Tell your friend she can not go wrong with a Lyric. West coast should have some demo partners im sure. Note sure if you are in range of Shuswap Skis and Boards...

#RadaR

• Baller
@Caddyman like @MuskokaKy & @Mike Gile said the Lyric is awesome and you can't go wrong with it. The great thing about the Lyric is like most of all of Radars skis, its based off the top of the line pro build Vapor, its the same shape but has 2 tenths of an inch added of width for better stability. Its the same ski as the Senate, but with a specific flex that's softer so you not only get a ski that's stable but dynamic and nimble at the same time. Its a great ski to grow into, going from free skiing into course skiing it will take you a long way.

Thanks for the input gang! I really appreciate it. That's kind of what I thought the ski would be like. A solid performing ski that's just a bit softer for the lighter, less aggressive skiers. She's a size 6-7 so she was going to go for the new Lyric bindings which seem to have a good rep comfort wise and fit.

• Baller
@Caddyman I can't tell you enough how much I love this Ski and Radar Lyric bindings!!! I have progressed so much this season, and fast, thanks to @RAWSki <3 This Ski is great and the faster the speed the ski turns even better! I Ski the course everyday and will continue to improve and speed up next season. Go with it!! Happy holidays! ;)

• Baller
@gt2003 I've been skiing my whole life, but last year was my first serious year in the course. I started out at 25mph, then 27mph and made a few passes @ 28mph. Free Ski also @ 28mph. Seems the faster I went the ski carved beautiful around the buoys. Your wife will LOVE the Lyric!!!

She FINALLY skied this past weekend. As mentioned, she LOVES the Lyric. She said, for her level, it's the perfect balance between the P-6 and the Senate. Looks like lot of skiing will be happening this year!