Ski advise (yes it's winter)

skimtb

• Baller

So I am finally debating moving on from the 2007 O'Brien sixam 2.0.... I got a handful of 28's at 33.7mph and almost cleared 34.2 this year.

Nothing wrong w ski, just curious if new stick would help me.

Looking on ski it again for 1-2 yr old stuff to maintain budget.

Thinking vapor lithium or pro build (based on what is available- lithium is surely more than I need but not many there).

Also looking into HO VTX or syndicate pro (there are one or two pro builds posted). Also a VTR near me.

I realize all of these are way above my current or potential ability - would like to get into -32 a bit, maybe a few at -35 if I get enough smooth water time would be the life goal at my age.

Any thoughts / opinions between skis mentioned above?

Looking for a 67" ski.

• Baller
If you are working to get into 32 and eventually 35, none of the top-of-the-line skis are "above" your current ability. And I would expect you to see big improvements from any of the new skis coming off a ten-year old ski.

• Baller

It's past time to move on to a newer ski. The sixam is pretty forgiving, but you will find modern designs like the vapor are just as forgiving but provide much better performance. Don't settle for anything less than top of the line....your only regret will not having done it sooner. Check out Horton's ski reviews to help narrow your choices.

PS - the lithium is a great choice!

• Baller

Thanks for considering an HO! I would add the Syndicate Omni to your short list. It's an excellent ski at 34 and will make the progression from 28 to 32 pretty forgiving.

You can even demo one HERE

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations