When does your ski season start?

Horton

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
We ski all year, but to be fair actual “ski season”, where we can ski every day comfortably, is usually March. That said, I don’t ski in a wetsuit, just a heater top, year round. January and February are usually a 2 or 3 set only month. Not this year, our lake is already 75 degrees. I’ve been skiing about every other day this month, and any back-to-back days I can find a driver.

• Baller_

@biship8950, a couple of the guys, including MJ, were free skiing on nearby Lobdell Lake. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were in the upper 50s to low 60s. Nobody has hit Tivoli yet. I haven't been able to make my work schedule align with anyone else's availability. We've got a little downturn in weather this week. We shouldn't refreeze (maybe an overnight glaze), though.

It has been difficult for me, knowing that it's possible. Going to have to be patient a little longer.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_
Buy a drysuit, @DaveD. You’re missing a couple months of ski season each year. Use the early start for conditioning so that you are peaking when the really warm weather starts. Peaking in mid-September is suboptimal.

• Baller
Back in the water this past Saturday. 15 pounds lighter, changed to adjustable fin on my HO TX and first time ever in a drysuit. Wasn't sure what to expect but skied better than last year. Looking forward to a good year.

• Baller_
I think I am going to have to change my answer. While some of my ski buddies did get skiing in February and March, our weather has turned for the worse and winter is hanging on. I don’t see myself getting on the water before mid to late April. And, even that is a maybe.

• Baller

as soon as I get to Ft. Myers in a couple weeks, I'm picking up the Mustang GT at the airport and driving straight to Ski Eden.

It's been waaaayyyy too long and the Midwest is taking it's sweet time opening its arms to spring.

• Baller

@Wish - Is that Marcus Brown? Are people doing this sort of thing a lot?

Back on topic. I was at the cabin/lake (60 minutes from Minneapolis) last night and plowed 10" of snow from this week. We have had zero warm spells all winter long and my lake glassed over the first week of November. We will be fortunate to get out in early May. Last year was April 1

• Baller_
@DaveD, got another session in tonight. Air 68. Water temp was up into the 50+ range. Now, I can sit back and enjoy the muscle pain for a few days while it rains all weekend before the freeze and snow next week.

• Baller

I’m dropping my boat off for some work tomorrow morning. It’s supposed to be 33deg and rain. Definition of “miserable”.

I’m hoping to be on the water before end of April, because come April 28 I go on a 5 week work travel jag.

Irritating.

• Members
Today. It was apparent I need to lose 10lbs and get stronger if I am going to beat @Horton this year. I will have to decide if that is worth cutting back on the beer and getting up at 4:15 to go to xfit a few days a week. Oh, and my spray leg really hurt. But it was still a lot of fun.