2019 Ski Nautique

mkerzie

As we get closer to what we've been waiting for I'm happy to share with you what I have already told a couple ballers.... Boat will be composite material, closed bow only and will have sea deck flooring.. Price is going to be around 130k for a moderately equipped boat (MSRP).. this is without trailer, or tax and license. I also heard that they will be taking deposits directly (around 5k) and that they expect the boat to sell out the same day. Take this with a grain of salt but this did come from the dealer who was on the phone with his Nautique Rep right in front of me. This was about 3 weeks ago and I've been trying hard to keep a tight lid on it. I called today and asked personally if I could disclose and got a "yes". Regardless I'm excited to see the new hull and how accurate this is.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

@swc5150 my understanding is the name "200" will be dropped. There will be the regular Ski Nautique and then the lighter carbon fiber version.

As I stated in the other thread, it's all rumor we'll find out in a week

• Baller
Way out of my league but I'm betting it will sell. No data to support my assumption but everything associated with water recreation nowadays seems to drive a higher pricepoint and people seem to keep paying. Bare lots to houses/cottages to boats to gear. Maybe I'm wrong but the wake barges did seem to break the $150k barrier fairly quickly. Several will be in on it right away, proclaim it's the greatest thing since sliced bread (which it probably will be), and the craze will begin. I think it's fun watching innovation. I'm gonna go charge my phone, make a bowl of popcorn, sit back and watch the ball of spray forum go exponentially out of control for the next few days.

• Baller
If this boat really is 130k, and it does sell, think about the impact on the used and new boat market. All of those prices will increase. Kinda like what has happened to the 196 prices when the 200 came out.

• Baller
For people that have done extremely well for themselves, the price will not matter, for somebody running a water ski operation, who chooses to go with the new boat, they will have to increase their prices, the sport needs more people, this will not happen if you price them out.

• Baller
Will we see these mystery boats at the Masters!?!? It's interesting that people view SeaDek as 'cheap' compared to a nice carpet. SeaDek is actually more expensive. I prefer it but I do also like the new woven material MasterCraft is offering. Snap out carpet was a good alternative but the other two options really seem like the way to go. I doubt you will find 'glue down' carpet in any inboard boats going forward.

• Baller
Hopefully the rumors of keeping current hull going for awhile and having the new one are true! at least for natique buyers they will have the option. That might also help the prices stay closer to where they are now if your still able to buy a current 200 hull for similar to current price.

• Baller

So you do not think the new $130k MSRP Nautique will be a nicer (higher quality/more sophisticated/more advanced) boat than the $80k MSRP Mastercraft/Malibu?

I don’t think it is a biased opinion to presume that would be the case - sounds pretty logical to me.

• Baller

A six figure price tag for a new boat? That's enough to make me give up water skiing. If the boat companies keep going in this direction they are going to price themselves out of business. There is only one lake where I go to tournaments where they still get a new boat every year. There are 3 families that make up the club,plus one individual. The other tournaments are boats that are already 5 years old in some cases. The tournament scene is going to keep shrinking unless they allow the use of older boats. It is looking more like I would re-power my boat if the need ever arose. Anyone know what the biggest factor is in the cost of the boats? I had a dealer tell me when gas was $4 per gallon that it was due to the materials and cost of petroleum products. The price of oil has dropped since then. I have also been told it is the cost of the engines. The only thing I can see happening is the boat companies mark the retail cost up so high so they squeeze most of the buying public to buying a promo boat. From a financial perspective it makes no sense to pay $100 grand on a depreciating asset. It would take me 15 years to pay for a new boat. A lot can happen in 15 years, job loss, injury that prevents you from skiing etc. I would not want to be stuck in a situation where I would have to sell a depreciating asset and take such a loss on something that is not a necessity. Back in the mid 90's my local Nautique dealer sold 50 boats at the local boat show one year. That probably never happens now.

• Baller

I’m guessing it will be exspensive, but they still

Have to be competitive with the response and prostar. The MSRP on these boats are out of control, but they considerably more reasonable a year old as demos or promos, that tells you what you need to know about the true cost to the dealer.

• Baller

@horton When I say nicer I am referring to skiing and driving. I believe the Nautique is a SLIGHTLY better driving and skiing boat, not by all that much but I believe it’s there. And most people I know agree with that. Honestly, as far as the interior and overall quality of the boat goes I think the MC and the Bu have Nautique beat. The ProStar defenitely feels a step above inside the boat...

Also for the idea of “$130K is retail, people will pay much less” okay yes I understand but if I’m shopping for a boat and I see the Nautique at $130K with no trailer, “moderately equipped” or the MC for $60K with options and a trailer, I’m not even calling Nautique... I just bought a new car and when I came across cars that were way out of my price range I didn’t call offering $20K on something where the sticker was $35K it’s a waste of time and I would think people would think the same thing looking at boats

• Baller
@Ilivetoski while I agree that 130K is a lot of money for a boat and likely substantially more than a similarly equipped MC a new MC can't be had for 60K with options and a trailer. I don't even know if you can get a stripped one for that price without a trailer. A friend of mine shopped hard last year for a 1 year old MC promo and had to pay in the 60K neighborhood with options and a trailer.

• Baller
It’s nice to have new boat, but over $100,000 I say NO!!! I have skied behind a 08 CC, 06 CC, 17 MC, 91CC 15- 32 off. I can not sell that much difference. At 15 off I would have to say the 91 CC was the easiest to cut through. I Believe 15- 32 off is were a lot of the Baller Ski at. To you short line skiers 38 off and shorter is there a big difference?

• Baller

This train is never late. Every time boat prices come up on this forum you get a lot of folks chiming in about how expensive they are, how they will shop other brands if they ever hypothetically got a new boat, how a cheaper or similar brand has the same or better quality (not true). Shortly thereafter you'll get laments about some stripped down boat being offered, where did the cheap boats go, etc. If you have to ask about price, these manufacturers are probably not targeting you anyway.

Look, the elephant in the room is that a lot of folks in this sport have a absolute ton of money (and are not on this forum in many cases), and if you're not one of those people you just have to be OK with that and kinda move on, ya know? This is a sport where owning an entire lake is not out of the question or unusual at all. A healthy marketplace with premium prices being paid should, in theory, help the sport. The exhaust/trickle-down from this sort of thing is a healthy used boat marketplace and solid resale values across the board as well as engaged manufacturers & innovation. Right?

• Baller
@jhughes well said. I was just having this conversation with one of my ski buddies. I have a 2009 Response and he has a 2009 SN. We were saying when you can get a used boat that will do the exact same thing, why pay that much money? If people have it and want to spend it on that more power to them. Nautique purists are watering at the mouth I am sure.....